• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Greens on Screen Problems (now back up)

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
You might have seen that GoS has been down for a while, and no emails are getting through either. It's a problem at the site's host again. I'm afraid there's nothing more I can do at the moment, except to keep everything crossed.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
I would never have believed that after 24 hours there is no news I'm afraid. The hosting company, who has large sites across the world (ours is in Amsterdam) suffered a serious security attack yesterday and decided to shut down all Windows platforms to protect their customers' data, even though it will have a huge consequence for their customers whose websites are vital for their business. Many will have lost a lot of their own customers (and money) as a result - at least GoS doesn't suffer in that respect.

Whilst I've been kept informed every few hours, the message has been the same every time: they are working as hard as they can to make their systems safe and restore the services. Unfortunately I've no idea how long that will take because they won't say, and I understand that.

Of course I'll post here as soon as there's good news.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Hallelujah! I'm delighted to say that Greens on Screen is back, and seemingly none the worse for wear after its three days in the dark. I should say that I haven't yet been informed officially, so I suppose it could disappear again, but I'm hopeful that we're back and running as normal. (Actually it feels a little sluggish at the moment, but it should settle down).

As far as can remember, this is the worst outage since GoS began in 1999. I moved to this company last summer after persistent problems with the previous host, and after a detailed look at other options and user reviews. They were then highly rated in all aspects, so I'm now prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt (especially as I prepaid for two years!). Fingers crossed for a smooth ride from now on, but I'll also be looking out for the results of their post mortem and what they've done to prevent a further occurrence.

Very importantly, please let me know if you have any problems or spot anything odd.

Thanks for your patience!

Steve