✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IAN Roscrow has been appointed Argyle’s Head of Recruitment.

Ian, 55, comes to Home Park with vast experience under his belt following a decade in recruitment at Swansea City.

PAFC

Mar 23, 2008
Seems a good appointment, hope he gets a decent scope to be able to do his job. Adams recruitment since we've been in league 1 over the last two seasons has been poor with only Lameiras and Ladapo really being up to scratch in terms of full time signings.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Well if this chap was involved in Swansea's signings in League One and the Championship, that's quite a pedigree as they were lauded for their recruitment in that period.

If we can find a few Angel Rangels and Ashley Williams', it wouldn't hurt.

As it says he was at Swansea for a decade, I assume he was.

Oct 24, 2013
Worth pointing out maybe that he was not Head of Recruitment at Swansea, but Assistant Head of Technical Recruitment. Whatever the heck that means.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
The Doctor":1o07f5g7 said:
I wonder if he is someone who can/will provide a voice of challenge to Derek Adams or whether he will essentially be working under Adams.

(Thought I would quote my own post from the Daily News thread as it is more relevant here)

Mar 14, 2009
You can get all the good players you like but if they continue to be coached the way they are then they are going to struggle.

If he wasn’t for Letheren yesterday it would of been 6 or 7. I can’t recall how many times Barnsley players waltzed up to the edge of the box unchallenged and got their shot away just outside or inside the box.

This is just papering over the cracks.

I wish the guy well because working with Adams will test his patience. Especially when results go against Adams and he is looking for a scapegoat.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
The one good bit of news on here and it’s got 7 comments!

Hope he brings some fresh ideas, connections etc with him to help rebuild this shower of sh|t we have. He certainly has his work cut out. Will be interesting to see whether we see visible changes, contract length, squad size, source etc.

If he is small piece of the overall DA pie he then it’s a pointless appointment and one I imagine he wouldn’t have signed up for. So fingers crossed he has some sway on decisions.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Why the negativity? We have recruited poorly and have now got someone in to do that job. It shows that there’s a problem in that area and we’re addressing it. How about we give him a chance?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
GreenThing":3heyssja said:
Why the negativity? We have recruited poorly and have now got someone in to do that job. It shows that there’s a problem in that area and we’re addressing it. How about we give him a chance?

How long will he be around if a new manager doesn't fancy him? :think:
Is this another indication that Dadams is going nowhere? :facepalm:

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Pogleswoody":t67zbth4 said:
GreenThing":t67zbth4 said:

How long will he be around if a new manager doesn't fancy him? :think:
Is this another indication that Dadams is going nowhere? :facepalm:

I (ever the optimist) read it as the Board maybe breaking up the Adams reign or at least planning for the possibility.

It seems commonplace now that the Technical Director / Head of Recruitment provides some stability and ensures that as managers come and go, the club ethos is maintained.