Daily Catch Up - Tuesday 23 April | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Daily Catch Up - Tuesday 23 April

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news.

Ian Roscrow is announced as the new Head of Recruitment. ... club website

Argyle reserves have a Central League Southern Division game against Southend United at Home Park today, kick-off 2pm.

Barnsley manager Daniel Stendel felt his team controlled the game against Argyle ....
“We did not start so good.
"Then after a very good goal for Cauley Woodrow, we controlled this game. We scored three and had a lot of chances to score more.

"Plymouth only had one chance in the second half and we got another clean sheet. I think that's 21 and a record for us. I am very happy today.
“At the start, I wasn't convinced, but the first goal changed it, we took control. We had four, maybe five chances and scored three times in the first half and then it was very difficult for Plymouth to come back.

"Then we were good in possession, a good shape out of possession and defended like a top team. I saw some really good football from my team.”

On-loan defender Lloyd Jones talks about the last two games of the season ...
"It’s just about the next two games. It’s not about me, it’s about the team, the club, the fans as well. The next two games are massive. If I’m playing in them, then I’ll give 100%, and I know everyone else in the dressing room will as well.
“I want to play in the big games. I don’t mind pressure in football, that’s what defines you as a player. I don’t want to say I’m looking forward to it, because that’s not the way to go about it, but I’m ready for it.

“It doesn’t bother me, I don’t care who I come up against. We’ve just got to be ready for Saturday. If I’m lucky enough to be playing, I’ll be ready, the team will as well. We’ll stick together.

“I’m a Plymouth fan, I was as a kid and I still am..They’ve got great support, especially for this league as well. Going to Accrington, I’m sure they’ll be right behind us. We’ve got to give it back as well. We have to do it for ourselves and the club, that’s the most important thing.

“The last two games are massive. I don’t want to come here on loan and have a relegation on my CV. I want to keep us up as much as anyone else who is contracted. Whoever is playing, we’ll be ready.”

Argyle reserves draw 2-2 with Southend United at Home Park with striker Klaidi Lolos netting both goals.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Looks like our new head of recruitment has worked at better clubs than us which I’m pleased to see.. hopefully he’ll find us a few quality players.

Welcome aboard Ian!!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I wonder if he is someone who can/will provide a voice of challenge to Derek Adams or whether he will essentially be working under Adams.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Don't know anything about the bloke, apart from the fact that he was dismissed from Swansea last June as part of a clear out under a new manager according to the BBC. But just having someone to 'help' DA is a good move. Hopefully he's one of those plain speaking Yorkshiremen...

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Suspect he will be busy in summer as there could be a lot of recruitment to do.

To answer the Doctors question I believe this post reports to Adams or the holder of that role.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
r4h4al":2sz4qeao said:
Gary_Wills":2sz4qeao said:
Lot of these footballers are ill prepared for the real world if thinking the bad stuff makes it onto a CV.
It does make it onto a CV? :crazy:

So Lloyd I see that you were at Plymouth playing CH in the last 3 games when they got relegated?
No Boss, never been there. Plimmuf?? Where is that? I was a Luton player. Sorry Boss, fake news. Don't know where you got that from! :oops: