Backroom Staff | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Backroom Staff

• Thread starter Cult Of Personality
  • Start date
C

Cult Of Personality

Needs a change and we need to get Coaches with fresh ideas. If we cant get rid of Adams he must move on Wotton and Co and bring in some new coaches with fresh ideas for next season. Wotton as the Defence coach has been a shambles

Mar 23, 2008
I think we miss Brewster, very well thought of and whilst we don't know what goes on behind the scenes you sense he's a big miss. Reading the autobiography of Ben Smith at the moment and he raves about him.

Apr 9, 2011
Deacster":3dmv4o2n said:
I think we miss Brewster, very well thought of and whilst we don't know what goes on behind the scenes you sense he's a big miss. Reading the autobiography of Ben Smith at the moment and he raves about him.
Possibly his face didn't fit with Adams! now theres a novelty

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i often wonder why he so unceremoniously got rid of Brewster.wooton,nancekiville and the gentleman from the royal marines are appalling appointments.

S

Strathglass

Just guessing but didn't Brewster have a hip replacement operation in the January or February of his final season. Possibly Adam's felt he should have delayed it by a few months?

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Cult Of Personality":1jz3x8u8 said:
Needs a change and we need to get Coaches with fresh ideas. If we cant get rid of Adams he must move on Wotton and Co and bring in some new coaches with fresh ideas for next season. Wotton as the Defence coach has been a shambles
Where has this myth come from that Wotton is the Defensive Coach, he is the Assistant Manager to Adams and Nancekivel is the Coach.

When we drew 0-0 at Anfield you called it an Adams defensive masterclass. Now we are conceding bad goals every game , it’s Wotton’s fault.

Adams dictates everything football-wise at HP because he has been given Carte Blanche by Hallett and Brent. As such, he is responsible for the performance of the players. He was also able to appoint his own back room staff, so he is responsible for them as well.

You wouldn’t be praising Wotton If we were defensively solid, you would be giving Adams the credit.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Deacster":18fc581q said:
I have often thought over the last 12 months that perhaps Brewster was the one with the vision to see where we were being beaten and come up with the necessary changes. That doesn't explain the first half of last season though.

May 3, 2016
Get rid of the lot of them what have they achieved nothing
Next season will be the same you mark my words.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
davie nine":3dtou13n said:
I am surprised and disappointed that it has taken so long to appoint a Head of Recruitment.

Weve not recruited them as there's no one recruiting the Head of Recruitment as there is no Head of Recruitment to do the recruiting!

Paradox

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Argylegames":2pvw8arw said:
Deacster":2pvw8arw said:
I have often thought over the last 12 months that perhaps Brewster was the one with the vision to see where we were being beaten and come up with the necessary changes. That doesn't explain the first half of last season though.

That decision still hasn’t been given an explanation or reason why he was suddenly cut adrift.

Hindsight obviously but I think he’s massively missed.

Jul 14, 2017
Whoever the fitness coach is , it most certainly isn't working, most of our players look knackered by 75 minutes, in particular Lamieras, Carey and Sarcevic, perhaps that is part of the reason we concede so many late goals...........

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Personally hoping the new CEO can help simulate the club
Going back to the CEO of the bankrupt days was a mistake as I said at the time we need people with modern ideas to stimulate growth
Not sure the idea of a cheif Scout based in Plymouth is that too though far too isolated and surely with the back room team CEO and manager we have enough to afmister things in Plymouth
Would be better sorting video conferencing facilities in the new development than getting another member of staff in Plymouth

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
The argyle coaches, surely that's an oxymoron?

All back for a corner = we have to defend it at least twice, as there's no way out?
Corners against = I'd be interested to see who has a worst record for conceding?
Fullbacks = easily torn apart by average wide players.
Centre backs = How many unmarked chances do we give in the box ala Charlton, Gillingham etc?
Midfield = main defensive player who can protect the defense Songo usually on the bench?
Attacking midfielders = Average, almost every team has as good, or better.
Forwards = Ladapo unskilled poacher, but a major lack of service restricts his strengths.
Can't cross on the run, invariably have to cut back and give the defense time to prepare for the cross.
When we do eventually cross we have no forwards who are any good in the air, so why not first time low and hard?
Why don't we release a quick ball into space for Ladapo to attack, instead we lump it to his head or feet where he loses out 99% of the time?
Free kicks, Carey shot 99% crap 1% awesome, or lump into the box for their keeper.
Our corners, why bother???

So we have a team with few ideas, playing the same old way, lump and see, or 30 passes to get near the opposition goalmouth then Phfuuut!

I posted at the early part of the season that the shots on goal practice in the warm up was scarily poor, with 6 goals in 21 attempts, as a coach wouldn't you train all your guys to feel capable from under 18 yards??

We need a complete change if we are stuck with these players.