What is needed now? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What is needed now?

Jan 19, 2019
We must win one more game and I believe that will do it.

We do not deserve to stay up in all honesty we are a poor side with some good players who are hiding.

Barnsley are going to come at us 100mph... I cant see anything but defeat.

Accrington away we may scrape a draw leaving a winner takes all against Scunthorpe...

I am concerned we don't have the bottle for the fight to come.

We need to invoke an atmosphere like Bristol City in 86 or the Colchester play off win.

We need to help the team by creating a bear pit atmosphere and put the fear of god in the opposition.

Mar 23, 2008
We need luck, as the manager isn't good enough and nor are the players. We need one of the three teams to be off colour and the game to go our way, through refereeing decions or the run of the ball.

Our best chance of success is other teams not being at it. Whilst we have some good characters, we lack leaders and have done for a few years now.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
1 win isn’t enough.

We need at least 4 points.

Monday’s game goes back to bare basics. Don’t even want to entertain a result, I just want defenders marking there men, fullbacks and wingers tracking the opposition runners, the midfielders stopping players moving through the pitch with the ball and just an all round better defensive play. Go 4-1-4-1 if needed with Songo’o shielding the weak back 4 but shut up shop before thinking we are capable of being offensive because we aren’t clinical enough to play high up the pitch against Barnsley and we’ll be 2/3 down by halftime

Sep 3, 2009
Tugboat":5mjkr6ux said:
1 win isn’t enough.

We need at least 4 points.

Monday’s game goes back to bare basics. Don’t even want to entertain a result, I just want defenders marking there men, fullbacks and wingers tracking the opposition runners, the midfielders stopping players moving through the pitch with the ball and just an all round better defensive play. Go 4-1-4-1 if needed with Songo’o shielding the weak back 4 but shut up shop before thinking we are capable of being offensive because we aren’t clinical enough to play high up the pitch against Barnsley and we’ll be 2/3 down by halftime

1 win be enough - 2 draws, possibly. Problem is, where are they coming from? We're poor and i expect Barnsley to rip us a new donut.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Clearly not, the club will take another spin of the Adams roulette of doom.

We’re gambling with our taxi fair home now.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
To answer the original question, the answer is balls.

I’m not sure we have any. I’d be very happy to be proved wrong on Monday.

One win will be enough.

Mar 8, 2016
If we can’t pick up 3 or 4 points from the remaining games then we deserve to go down. What an absolute shower of sh1te this season has been. If relegated can early bird season tickets be refunded??

Feb 10, 2019
Whether we get the points that we need or not and I really hope we do, the one thing I want to see is some fight and commitment from the players, which i’ve been told was not there this afternoon.

It seems to me that footballers in general stop giving a toss when they know they won’t be at a club the following season. For the next three games we needs a team giving it all for the shirt for the supporters if nothing else. We deserve that at least.

Jan 19, 2019
I knew we would lose today.

First time in my life I have bet against Argyle.... I just knew we would lose...

As for the answer to the thread title... a miracle is needed.

Winner takes all against The Iron.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
To late now in January after an obviously poor start investment was urgently required it didn't happen and the players who had a decent run returned to type
Is that grandstand ever going to be filled than today because this relegation may be one too many for some
I am not trawling around the league 2 clubs anymore I've done it for 7 years out of the last 10 and I'm afraid this lack of ambition has finished me

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Pogleswoody":31ksjhfx said:
Forget Semper? :think:

Perhaps we should run out on Monday to Simple Minds: Promised you a miracle?? :whistle:

Well: now I'll opt for some chicken noodles and a bottle of chablis. Football now locked away in rear storeroom four of my cerebellum for as long as I can hold the bolt shut! Cheers!! :stout: