Stay up, go down players to keep (merged) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Stay up, go down players to keep (merged)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Stay up..

Carey, Ruben, Ladapo,

Go down..

Ruben, Ladapo, Sawyer, Letheran, Edwards, J Grant, Ness

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Unfortunately the chances of Ruben even staying in L1 are fairly slim. Keeping him in L2... you’d struggle to keep a straight face handing over the contract offer. There’s no point even trying.

I’d definitely try and sign Lloyd Jones and keep Canavan if in L2, and ASB, Sarcevic, Songo’o and C Grant at left-back in both leagues.

Christ, I can’t believe this is really looking like happening.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
obviously graham and ruben will be gone.i would dismiss the management team and kkep letheren,asb and alex fletcher.i would then employ a good first team manager and assistant.doddle managing a football team innit?

Oct 14, 2015
Ignoring whether we are in League 1 or 2 and the pretence that all the players want to stay (obviously they won't but for this thread I'm assuming they do)

Just got in from Gillingham so maybe not best time to do this.. :thumbs:

Keep

Kyle
Rubes
GC
Jones ( thought he did well today and worth keeping as think he'll do ok)
Freddie ( he scores our goals but does little else)
Oscar ( he's versatile)
Sawyer( Maybe as he's Mr Reliable)
Joel Grant
Songo.

Release

Ness ( Injury prone)
Taylor (brings nothing to the team when he comes on apart from constant fouls)
ASB ( just not good enough)
Eddy( Tough one but more hoof ball than anything else)
Sarve ( just not quick or fit enough to play League 1 football)
Fox ( Won't last another season in League 1 but maybe league 2)
Wootton
Canavan
Conor Grant

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Has an 18 goal (maybe 20) striker ever been relegated before?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
PL2 3DQ":2egoanfl said:
Just goes to show how lacking we’ve been throughout the rest of the team. Carey and Ruben with a few and a few CB goals but the likes of Sarcevic was damning again today. He should be plugging away all season and getting 8-12 but his composure is non existent.

Still not sure why he’s still starting, I’d play Carey or Ruben through the middle and have Anderson wide.

Another case of a waste of a wage in having Anderson. Not good enough to play but signed anyway?

Aug 11, 2013
Freddy and Reuben are the only ones I’d be bothered about keeping. Yann also - because unlike the rest of the squad he cares.

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
PL2 3DQ":2x73ctam said:

Fyjortoft for Swindon in the premier league probably got close!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PL2 3DQ":1mwntiw5 said:

Possibly a 20 goal striker, one of the top assisters in Carey, one of the top players in the league in Lameiras, and a manager nominated for two (?) monthly awards.

This is completely surreal. Shows that the goalkeeper and defence has been the problem though, which in theory should be the easiest thing to organise and get right.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
We will lose our best player this summer whether we stay up or not. Lameiras is quite simply too good for League 1 and certainly too good for League 2. I sincerely hope we have an option to extend his deal to at least get some money for the lad, a player with his technique will go very far in this game so we'd be fools once again to lose such a talent for a pittance.

The rest of the team are very much league dependant. Obviously the likes of Carey we'd like to stay either way but it would very much be on his terms not ours. There are a few others Id also keep whatever league we're in, I'm thinking young lads like Oscar, ASB, Edwards and Freddie who all still have potential to develop. Of the older players; Sarce and Taylor I'd like to keep either way but I can't say I'd be overly gutted if any went.

Personally I think the most important stay or go decision is the manager. It's all well and good us going through yet another overhaul of the squad but if the same man is in charge of recruitment again why do we expect the next crop to be any better? He may well get a few Bradley, Carey, Ruben shaped gems amongst the dross but another slow start surely beckons if we have another 15 man turnaround of a 25 man team.

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
Tugboat":1ood6vzg said:
PL2 3DQ":1ood6vzg said:
Just goes to show how lacking we’ve been throughout the rest of the team. Carey and Ruben with a few and a few CB goals but the likes of Sarcevic was damning again today. He should be plugging away all season and getting 8-12 but his composure is non existent.

Still not sure why he’s still starting, I’d play Carey or Ruben through the middle and have Anderson wide.

Another case of a waste of a wage in having Anderson. Not good enough to play but signed anyway?

All the wages Adams has wasted on 'dust collectors' this season could have been used to give Sonny the 3k a week he wanted to stay then we wouldn't be in this mess. :furious: