Gillingham hoodoo | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Gillingham hoodoo

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I remember going on a Tuesday night (sitting next to the Bananabus Boys) and we were CCC and they were (I think) in the 4th (maybe the 3rd). They scored in the second half, we battered them, and Mackie missed one from about 3 feet and put it over the bar.

I've never seen us win there and I reckon I've see this fixture 6 or 7 times over the years.

I'm not sure why, but I've never liked this lot, maybe something to do with me living in the dump for about 9 months.

Scally's not the nicest of people from memory either (by the way, I've never ever been in their Boardroom) I can remember him saying some stupid stuff just after we were in the CCC, about a breakaway league.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Quintrell_Green":161wch4c said:
I can recall Argyle getting a draw up there playing with the relegation team of the late 90's. Let's not be too despondent.

Article says last draw was 1986. :shocked:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think on paper we should be a match for them and I don’t believe all this historic rubbish, we’ve got completely different players from the years gone by. This is a match in its own right and I don’t think the past will mean anything to this result. If we play well and take our chances we’ll probably win, if not we’ll we probably won’t.

A lot may depend on who we’ve got in goal and who the CB’s are for me.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
been there several times especially when we were in the CCC and like many others have said, I have never seen us win there.......maybe in our hour of need the players will put in a performance...

Jan 26, 2006
Plymouth
IJN":18zl9wnp said:
Scally's not the nicest of people from memory either (by the way, I've never ever been in their Boardroom) I can remember him saying some stupid stuff just after we were in the CCC, about a breakaway league.

Didn’t he once pay for some food or drinks for the travelling Green Army? I think he has done similar for another club too but I could be wrong.

Sep 3, 2011
It will all come down to what team plays the least bad. Two teams hopelessly out of form and confidence must be low. I reckon home pressure will be the decider and Argyle to take the points

Mar 8, 2016
phil-thefluter24":pxyc3i0r said:
A clean sheet for a change would be nice!

Haha yeah that’s a good one. We live in hope. I believe the current odds for that are
a million to one.

Dec 29, 2011
I had forgotten how bad our record against Gilingham was .Definitely witnessed our last 9 visits with no victory in sight.Do however remember us beating Brighton there on a Tuesday night when the seagulls were in exile

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Well I was there for the Sims 1-0 the last time we won It was bloody freezing!

I also saw the Brighton game, less than two thousand....managed to upset so Brighton fans who were chatting on the way out , and said the only consolation was they would be home well before me...so were doubly miffed when I told them I lived in Kent and would be home in forty minutes tops :)

Since then nothing......so it's about time!

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
These hoodoos are a strange thing. We had a similar thing with Bristol City - didn't win there from 1931/32 season until Holloway's 2007/08 team broke it. Swindon, went from 1981/82 through to 2010/11...

There's no logical reason why we don't beat Gillingham away. Can't be a distance thing as we always do well at Southend, which is a slightly longer journey around the M25. Perhaps not surprisingly we always take decent numbers to Southend, but often only 300 or so to Gillingham. I only went there once, the 2-5 defeat in the Fog in 1997 when the Green Army were singing "we want fog..." with the team getting battered.

I'd like to think we could win on Friday, but honestly with our recent form, I can't see it.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
There was a Div 1 team from Gillingham
Stadiums? They hadn’t been filling ‘em. :facepalm:
The Greens beat them 8-2?
Not what they normally do! :think:
I’m worried their fans might start killing ‘em!! :shock: