Why do adults get signatures off mediocre footballers? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Why do adults get signatures off mediocre footballers?

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
It's a miracle that someone hasn't been injured (yet) this season in the scrum to greet the players and especially the away team coach before the start of each match.
The bananabus turns up at pretty much the same time each week and they all stand around like sheep blocking up the road and not letting any vehicle through. Don't seem to be any stewards there to clear a path and make people safe. Let's hope nothing happens on easter Monday eh?

Mar 23, 2019
David Friio's mate":dll4s2vd said:
It's a free country.

You do you, let them do them.

They can crack on, it doesn't affect me!

If you were interested.... The answer we got in the pub was that people like to have a memory of certain players/games....

Not for me but like you say, people can do whatever they like :thumbup:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Itā€™s always intrigued me, but so do train and plane spotters. I think itā€™s the collection instinct thatā€™s in some people.

Then again Iā€™m into juke boxes and Bakelite radios so weā€™ve all got our own weirdisms havenā€™t we?

German Shepherd

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
You could also ask: 'Why do adults watch mediocre footballers trying to kick a sphere between two posts ?'
I think bus spotters must be mad but they'd probably think I'm mental too.......each to their own.

G

GreenGiantLion1886

I agree and disagree.

Witnessed some intense situations in the past at home park with full grown adults pushing kids out of the way trying to get signatures of players such as Barry Hayles and Nick Chadwick. But who knows, they could luck out and sell the signature for a few bob if they make it big.

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Steve Evans":3r6pv7ir said:
because they enjoy doing so.completely harmless.

Totally agree. Each to their own I say.. life would be boring if everyone did the same thing.

Oct 31, 2015
I have never got the autograph hunting bit tbh. Saying that I have a signed squad ball from the league 1 champions side which I was lucky to get so I suppose I must be in the club as well.

Each to their own I supppse

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Perhaps, they hope that, occasionally, that mediocre footballer will become world famous.
For example, I expect that a few people got an unknown Chesterfield goalkeeperā€™s signature in 1958.
It turned out to be Gordon Banks.
I am sure that there are many other examples.
There really is no reason to trivialise adults who have different hobbies.