Tonight’s Games | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Tonight’s Games

Oct 14, 2015
Accrington V Rochdale
Wycombe V Charlton

Couple of games involving teams around us which, due the position we find ourselves in, will have significant bearing on our league 1 survival.

I’d like Accrington to beat Rochdale. That way Dale still the same distance away and hopefully by the time we play Accrington there safe from the drop.

Charlton to hammer Wycombe but I’ve a nasty feeling it won’t happen although Bowyer has said he’s targeting automatic promotion .

Jul 29, 2016
Brussels, Belgium
I'd prefer both games to end in a draw. If Accrington ans Wycombe both win we drop nearer to the bottom and I am not looking forward to our run-in; especially finishing at Accrington. Fingers crossed.

May 14, 2016
Pafcineurope":25t7gky6 said:
I'd prefer both games to end in a draw. If Accrington ans Wycombe both win we drop nearer to the bottom and I am not looking forward to our run-in; especially finishing at Accrington. Fingers crossed.

Why would you prefer Wycombe get a point? Surely a 5-0 away win would be the best result.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I think we want the minimum number of teams below us to gain points so that means defeat for Wycombe and a win for either Accrington or Rochdale, preferably Accrington to leave Rochdale further behind us.

Amazingly, the bottom 9 teams (the ones currently below us) have won only 7 games IN TOTAL in their last 5 fixtures each (3 of those were Wimbledon and 2 were Rochdale). There have been only 10 draws in those 50 results (obviously some results may count twice if teams have played each other). That's an average pointage of 31 out of a maximum possible of 150 or 0.67 points per game. Bradford, Walsall, Wycombe and Southend are on truly horrible runs (0, 0, 1 and 1 point in their last 5 games respectively).

Jul 29, 2016
Brussels, Belgium
Sean":2hb1v3c5 said:
Pafcineurope":2hb1v3c5 said:

Why would you prefer Wycombe get a point? Surely a 5-0 away win would be the best result.

I do agree, however I don't see a 0-5 drubbing and Charlton will be pretty happy with a point, but would prefer 3. Wycombe are fighting for their lives, like us, but appear to have a little more steel.

Aug 29, 2014
Wyscum will go 1 up then resort to their usual shameful taticts the ref will add on 10 mins of injury time and the 3 pts will be in the can for them

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Pafcineurope":1rp6lky5 said:
Sean":1rp6lky5 said:
Pafcineurope":1rp6lky5 said:

I do agree, however I don't see a 0-5 drubbing and Charlton will be pretty happy with a point, but would prefer 3. Wycombe are fighting for their lives, like us, but appear to have a little more steel.

I'm not sure where you get this idea from. They have lost their last 4 games and have just 3 draws in their last 11 games. You have to go back 12 games to 26th January to find the last game they won - that was against Argyle and was their 3rd win in a row.

Sep 6, 2006
The Doctor":2qtrcscn said:
I think we want the minimum number of teams below us to gain points so that means defeat for Wycombe and a win for either Accrington or Rochdale, preferably Accrington to leave Rochdale further behind us.

Amazingly, the bottom 9 teams (the ones currently below us) have won only 7 games IN TOTAL in their last 5 fixtures each (3 of those were Wimbledon and 2 were Rochdale). There have been only 10 draws in those 50 results (obviously some results may count twice if teams have played each other). That's an average pointage of 31 out of a maximum possible of 150 or 0.67 points per game. Bradford, Walsall, Wycombe and Southend are on truly horrible runs (0, 0, 1 and 1 point in their last 5 games respectively).

Minimum no of teams or points? A draw would be better as only 2 points on offer rather than 3.

Sep 6, 2006
The Doctor":3staranh said:
Pafcineurope":3staranh said:
Sean":3staranh said:
Pafcineurope":3staranh said:

I'm not sure where you get this idea from. They have lost their last 4 games and have just 3 draws in their last 11 games. You have to go back 12 games to 26th January to find the last game they won - that was against Argyle and was their 3rd win in a row.

Maybe he meant "steal'!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Balham_Green":lqom0yeo said:
The Doctor":lqom0yeo said:

Minimum no of teams or points? A draw would be better as only 2 points on offer rather than 3.

I meant that i think we want the minimum number of teams to gain points on us. In our current situation, I think it is better to have one of Rochdale or Accrington stay further behind us and the other to get closer, than to have them both get a bit closer. We need to start leaving teams behind and don't want to be in the situation where we are one of a large number of teams that can go down on the last day of the season.
(I understand the logic that says that a draw means that both teams drop 2 points, but with so many teams just below us I just think it would be better if one of them dropped 3).

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Sunderland 0 - 1 Burton

Sunderland 1 - 1 Burton HT