Daily Catch Up - Monday 25 March | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Daily Catch Up - Monday 25 March

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news.

Charlton Athletic fans have snapped up 650 tickets from their allocation of 1,204 for the game at Home Park on 6 April.

The Argyle Ladies development side won the FA Women’s South-West League West Division title with a draw at St Agnes at the weekend.

Former Argyle winger Gregg Wylde has made just three appearances for Livingston since leaving Home Park in January.
Wylde signed an 18-month contract with Livingston and made three appearances in January without completing 90 minutes and then dropped to the bench throughout February without playing and has been missing from the squad during most of March.

Midfielder David Fox talks to the club website about Argyle's away form ....
“We’ve had some good results away from home, but I don’t think there’s been that level of performance to go with the results. There’s been times where we’ve not done ourselves justice away from home. That’s frustrating because we prepare well.

“I know people talk about the long distances, but it’s been the same since the club started, so we can’t use that as an excuse. It’s frustrating because we travel in good numbers and want to put on a good performance. We’ve got four or five away games left, and we need to pick up points in those games, so we’ve got to sort it out before the end of the season.

“Fleetwood was very disappointing in terms of the performance and result. Hopefully, we’re a lot better at Blackpool because we know we need to pick up points away from home. There’s a lot of long trips coming at the end of the season.”

Derek Adams spoke to the club website about the changes at the club ....
“I was out with Simon Hallett, the chairman, and the previous chairman, James Brent, for two-and-a-half-hours on Thursday evening. We talked about a lot of things Argyle, and we have a lot of interest in things we want to see around the football club and how we want to move it forward. It’s always an enjoyable time, it’s something that I enjoy because we can speak about different areas of the football club.

“I think that both of them,Simon Hallett and James Brent, are going to be good for the football club. The Chairman will act differently from the previous chairman, that’s what happens. Some things will change, and we’ll move forward.

“I came into the football club, four years ago now, and the club had come out of administration in 2011. From our point of view, it was all about building a football club that could be sustainable. At this moment in time, that’s what we’re trying to get to.

“This year’s been a difficult year for us, because, off-the-pitch, it’s been hard because of the grandstand and the associated costs with that. From a playing point of view, when we talk about budgets, we talk about ‘what can we afford as a football club’ and we try and spend what we can afford.

“Andrew’s obviously going to come in and oversee the aspects outside of the footballing side of the business, taking over from Michael Dunford in the summer. Andrew’s obviously got the remit to improve the finances in the football club, to help not only the first-team, but reserve team, academy and the whole structure at the football club.

“The roles are very separate, he’s got one side of the business to look after, and I’ve got the other side, and that helps, but there’ll always be dialogue between us.”

The club announce the next tier of hospitality in the grandstand ... Club Platinum