Don't die wondering | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Don't die wondering

Aug 8, 2014
Where I am relatively happy with our position in the league now, after witnessing Burton scoring after 2minutes on the last Saturday in December and as being odds on for the drop. We must now go for the jugular!!

Adams certainly is a stubborn manager, he has got us into a good chance of avoiding the drop with his 'tactics'. We are totally reliant on the sublime skills of Reuben or GC creating or scoring opportunities, we really don't have much else.

We have a difficult run in against good offensive teams, he has just cost us 2points with a crazily negative substitution. When we keep the ball we thrive.

The likely hood is that we need 2wins to survive, we cannot go into the Scunthorpe game still needing a win!!!

Set us up properly like you do that's fine but let the team play with freedom to win the games required do not set up for a draw next week, we don't help ladapo at all. Fox and Songo have been fine as the DMs since the turn of the year, why suddenly are we playing 3cbs ?? Why are we so concerned about the opposition??

We are close to surviving which given the start and horrendous recruitment is close to miraculous again.......let's not like die wondering Derick, I want to believe in your methods just like many many others remain to be convinced.

Oct 31, 2015
Post of the week.

DAs tactics yesterday for the sub of Fox really baffled me.

That was a sign to Rovers FFS.

I said at Xmas I would take 5th from bottom and I stand by that. Noting Ness comments yesterday the players are still looking down as well instead of up.

Negative tactics will take us to the last game of the season.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Argyle played some neat football in the first half and up until the goal. They could be a half decent side with an eye on the play offs rather than looking over the shoulder at the relegation zone. Unfortunately they are hamstrung by the manager. It is mind bending that people see it as basically as 'oh we conceded a late goal' and have apparently no notion of cause and effect. Adams changes to a back 6, the inevitable happens and they just think 'oh they scored'.
It's even more frustrating because I thought Rovers were a dire team. Muscular but slow and ponderous. Adams played right into their hands by offering them ten minutes of free time to chuck it into our box.
I think it really will be touch and go and we've seen Adams teams capitulate at the end of the season before

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Who should he have brought on for Fox who was injured?

Oct 31, 2015
GreenThing":354g22vk said:
Who should he have brought on for Fox who was injured?
I would have thought going back to a 4 at the back as Oscar was already on, putting Songoo in Foxes place and bringing on Tayls or Anderson.

But no let's put all the defensive players on the pitch in the middle because Gas won't get a chance in the box.

Oh wait they did get a chance in the box!!!!!;;;aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Mar 8, 2016
football is fine margins and we’ve all got a degree in hindsight. We should just about survive but we’ll have to rely on our home games because I can’t see us picking up anymore points away from home. We will probably need to get a result against Scunthorpe on the last day to ensure safety.

Mar 23, 2008
Hopefully we get enough points before our tradition end of season slump which has become a pattern under Adams as have sell dreadfully slow starts to the season.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
UTL, you’re getting cause mixed up with correlation.

Just because something happened after something else, doesn’t mean the first event caused it. Just that they both happened.

If we’d conceded that late goal with (an injured?) Fox still on the pitch, we’d have been seeing the same posts bemoaning the lack of a defensive sub to shut up shop.

I would obviously have liked us to keep attacking and score a third, but that’s not what happens most of the time and even the most positive managers make defensive subs to close out a game.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Biggs":27vcg8m5 said:

Just because something happened after something else, doesn’t mean the first event caused it. Just that they both happened.

If we’d conceded that late goal with (an injured?) Fox still on the pitch, we’d have been seeing the same posts bemoaning the lack of a defensive sub to shut up shop.

I would obviously have liked us to keep attacking and score a third, but that’s not what happens most of the time and even the most positive managers make defensive subs to close out a game.

I agree. With Fox injured it makes sense to move Songo’o into Fox’s position, where he has played well before, and bring on a central defender to cover the position left by Songo’o.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Biggs spot on. Sadly doesn't suit the agenda of some.

Last minute goals are part of football. Not always someone to blame. Just one of those things.

Aug 8, 2014
Ernold_Same":3j5n90ip said:
Fox was taken off due to injury!

Do we really believe our manager that Fox was injured ??? Unfortunately I don't, he will say that to cover up an awful substitution/ tactical error.

He's had a go at their player afterwards also for what ??

All this to deflect from his error

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
elburtontrev":1y4bo32s said:
Ernold_Same":1y4bo32s said:
Fox was taken off due to injury!

Do we really believe our manager that Fox was injured ??? Unfortunately I don't, he will say that to cover up an awful substitution/ tactical error.

He's had a go at their player afterwards also for what ??

All this to deflect from his error

I have some tin foil in my kitchen cupboard, would you like some to make a hat?

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Biggs":3rhrd75o said:

If we had hung on for the win, the substitution and tactics would not have been criticised but unfortunately, that was not the case.

The Fox injury forced Adams hand and he had to make the substitution.

The problem for many of us is the negative mindset of the Manager. When you put an inexperienced central defender on in that situation his instinct is to drop off rather than press forward and close people down.

What happened yesterday was not a one-off, we have had 4 years of hanging on to 1-goal leads with everybody back in and around our box, aimlessly kicking the ball upfield to nobody only for it to come straight back. It’s like watching a defence versus attack training session.

As such, the likelihood of conceding increases significantly. If the game is being played almost exclusively in one half, the chances are that you will concede.

Why do we sit so deep, giving our opponents so much time and space which allows them to build attack after attack?

It is so obvious that we are trying to hang on that it just encourages the opposition to pile forwards because we do not carry any meaningful goal threat ourselves.

We have changed the playing personnel over the last 4 years of Adams but we have not changed the essentially negative mindset and that is down to the Manager.