The Play-Off Picture | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Play-Off Picture

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
With the league so tight this year I thought it might be worth posting a little tracker for that final play-off spot we are chasing. As you can see below the gap is down to 12 from the previous 13 points. With 7 games to go and only 4 games separating us from the top 6 we should be in for an exciting end to the season as we complete our run-in.

6 Peterborough 39 58
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
7 Doncaster 38 57
8 Blackpool 39 56
9 Coventry 39 56
10 Burton 39 53
11 Fleetwood 38 52
12 Gillingham 39 47
13 Oxford Utd 39 46
14 Argyle 39 46

It's going to be tough but looking at the table at the moment we have every chance going down the stretch. Now I know this next bit is a big ask but the confidence we'll have after completing this comeback, I think would put us in the best possible position going into the play-offs and will leave us with a real shout of a trip to Wembley this year.

Strap yourselves in!

Mar 14, 2009
Honestly? I’m starting to think Adams is a great manager after all. It seems even he can brain wash our fans into thinking we have a chance of a playoff spot.

12 points behind...7 games to go.. infact Doncaster have 8 games...and 7 clubs between us and 6th.

I think even GA84 wouldn’t match the OP’s positive thinking.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Can't believe the lack of faith and ambition on this thread. I won't be so good as to suggest we'd win the play-offs but getting there is still on our radar, surely?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Happy birthday mate, started nice and early I see. :)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Could go right to the wire. There are only 11 matches remaining where those clubs play each other and three of those are on the final day.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Ollieargyle9":2gp9r4bo said:
With the league so tight this year I thought it might be worth posting a little tracker for that final play-off spot we are chasing. As you can see below the gap is down to 12 from the previous 13 points. With 7 games to go and only 4 games separating us from the top 6 we should be in for an exciting end to the season as we complete our run-in.

6 Peterborough 39 58
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
7 Doncaster 38 57
8 Blackpool 39 56
9 Coventry 39 56
10 Burton 39 53
11 Fleetwood 38 52
12 Gillingham 39 47
13 Oxford Utd 39 46
14 Argyle 39 46

It's going to be tough but looking at the table at the moment we have every chance going down the stretch. Now I know this next bit is a big ask but the confidence we'll have after completing this comeback, I think would put us in the best possible position going into the play-offs and will leave us with a real shout of a trip to Wembley this year.

Strap yourselves in!

Champion post Ollie.

(You should add Bristol Rovers to the list of possibles though btw)

An antidote to all the ‘realism’ on here, is the way I see this.

I think that late goal ended any remote hope of a play off slot, but Doncaster at least can be caught.

Anyone know when the Blackpool points deduction decision might be made?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I would think Doncaster away will be the crunch for Argyle. They have three games before that fixture. Home to Bristol Rovers on Tuesday and then (H) Walsall & (A) Bradford. If Donny pick up 6 points from those and that looks very possible, defeat for Argyle at the Keepmoat would mean any play-off dream will be over.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Ollieargyle9":24gvgo91 said:
Can't believe the lack of faith and ambition on this thread. I won't be so good as to suggest we'd win the play-offs but getting there is still on our radar, surely?
We make the playoffs I'll buy your season ticket next season. Even a pioneer one if you like. We don't make the playoffs and you buy my block 14 ST for next year. What do you say?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
L G":1qkkhlnu said:
Ollieargyle9":1qkkhlnu said:
We make the playoffs I'll buy your season ticket next season. Even a pioneer one if you like. We don't make the playoffs and you buy my block 14 ST for next year. What do you say?

Someone's after a free ST next year aren't they? :lol:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Ollieargyle9":1px3mcsd said:
L G":1px3mcsd said:
Ollieargyle9":1px3mcsd said:

Someone's after a free ST next year aren't they? :lol:
Not so confident today then? You were on the pop! Lol