Gashead in home area (retitled by Site Admin) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Gashead in home area (retitled by Site Admin)

Mar 23, 2019
Evening lads and lasses, it is with deep regret I am having to do this on my Saturday evening. I am a Rovers fan who has been to home park many times both in the home and away sections of the ground including last year sat in the grandstand. My sister lives in Plymouth and this is why we always come down and enjoy you’re excellent city. However today in block 15 my father aged 53 was assaulted many times which has left him with a black eye and a split lip. However even more disgustingly he was punched from behind at LEAST 4 times. This matter has been reported however I would urge anyone involved or saw the matter to contact me or the police . My sister is visibly shaken by this attack, aswell as step mother.

Oct 16, 2016
This is shocking, particularly an attack in such cowardly fashion.
I believe away fans seated in the home end contravenes PAFC ticketing policy, how did the perpetrators know your family were Rovers fans?

Apr 30, 2017
Technically, you shouldn’t have been in the Home End, but no individual deserves to go to football hurt either mentally or physically. I couldn’t care less that you were sat in there, but I hope the individual is caught and the book is thrown at them.
Sorry on behalf of Argyle, and fingers crossed the authorities catch the perpetrators.

Mar 14, 2009
I’m afraid we have some real muppets as Argyle fans.

Actually, lm wrong. I say they are Argyle fans but they turn up to these type of games looking for a fight.

The majority of Argyle fans are great people. Football is a passionate game so unfortunately there will always be some “hot heads” with anger management issues. However, most would be appalled to hear this, whether he was in the home end or not.

If it really bothered people they could of asked him to leave or asked a steward to move him. Unfortunately, in and around zoo corner, well some haven’t developed into human beings with brains.

Hope your father condition gets better soon and l do hope he doesn’t see all Argyle fans as mindless morons. I’m afraid we have a minority who are beyond help.

Oct 14, 2015
Very sad to read this. This happened behind me as I heard some commotion after they scored their second goal. I only noticed stuff going on because of other fans standing up and turning around to see what was happening. I was sat in block 15 row J seat 444 so assuming same incident.???

Mar 23, 2019
Seat 435 l block , certainly don’t feel all argyle fans are like that I personally have several argyle pals I watch England with. Cracking lads who wouldn’t be so cowardly

Mar 23, 2019
I’m addition to this my sister and step mother were threatened, scummy behaviour to the core which is why I would like to have a sit down with these “fans”

Mar 16, 2019
oliver_down":2ypwe2vm said:
Evening lads and lasses, it is with deep regret I am having to do this on my Saturday evening. I am a Rovers fan who has been to home park many times both in the home and away sections of the ground including last year sat in the grandstand. My sister lives in Plymouth and this is why we always come down and enjoy you’re excellent city. However today in block 15 my father aged 53 was assaulted many times which has left him with a black eye and a split lip. However even more disgustingly he was punched from behind at LEAST 4 times. This matter has been reported however I would urge anyone involved or saw the matter to contact me or the police . My sister is visibly shaken by this attack, aswell as step mother.
As a genuine older supporter of PAFC who lives in the North of England, i am sorry that you and your family have had that awful experience! I empathize with you as a similar incident happened to my 82 year old grandfather at Aston Gate in the 1980;s. Its not acceptable!!!

Sep 2, 2008
oliver_down":2sy9hfau said:
Unsure, can only think a lack of jubilant celebration at Plymouth’s goals ...

...or maybe it was because of a jubilant celebration of a Rovers equaliser....assuming that was the case; whereas I do not condone what happened in any way whatsoever and being a purist of the game myself who believes that the game should be enjoyed and supported as a collective much like they do in rugby, I can't help but feel that your father should have perhaps shown some better judgement when he chose to take seats in that area of the ground and subsequently celebrate. I'm guessing he is well aware of the 'rivalry' between Argyle and Rovers which makes his decision to sit there baffling and assuming he was 'outed' as a Rovers fan due to a celebration of a goal makes it even more baffling. I agree that the behaviour of this element of the crowd was 'scummy...to the core', but I can't help but think of what would have happened if an Argyle fan did exactly the same whilst sat in the North Terrace at the Memorial ground. Like I said before, no way do I condone what happened and in no way am I suggesting that your father deserved to be subjected to such a cowardly assault but there is a thing called personal responsibility. All I'm saying is that we do not live in a perfect world and at 53 years old I'm pretty sure your father knows that so why put himself in such a position. I hope your father recovers from his injuries very soon and I hope the other members of your family can put the experience behind them just as quickly but most importantly, I hope the people that assaulted him are identified and brought to book.

This is really sad. I regularly sit amongst home supporters when we play away because I don’t enjoy sitting behind a goal. Whilst I don’t flaunt any Argyle colours, i’ve never hidden who I support, and i’ve had some occasional great conversations with the locals around me. OK it helps being in your 70s, so a harmless old bugger perhaps in their eyes, but the fact we have such knuckledraggers is truly shaming, and I hope they’re identified and banned.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
this is disgusting.cowardly yobs and stewards who are paid to sort this out not getting involved.these scum are at every football ground,they are terrorists! :furious:

Apr 5, 2008
Your father sounds naive to me.

Why sit with home fans if your the away supporter and are going to celebrate wildly if you score, especially if it’s a last minute goal!

Asking for trouble in any ground in the country.