Injury prone good players | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Injury prone good players

Mar 14, 2009
I have to say with our budget we need to get the max out of the players we bring in.

A couple of players spring to mind in terms of our transfer policy.

I look at a Ness and Riley as prime examples.

Ness, when fit, is a good all round midfielder. He needs someone with pace alongside of him but he is comfortable on the ball. Decent at picking up players, tackling and pressing.

Riley, when fit, looks good especially at the right wing back postion. Seems a good runner with the ball and when out wide seems like he has a decent cross on him. I was really impressed with him today before he got injured.

And I’m afraid there is our dilemma. Some of these signings of ours look decent but if they keep breaking down then l do wonder if our policy of signing players that are injury prone is a good idea? Ness had a terrible injury record at Scunthorpe and Riley suffered knee and hamstring injuries at Shrewsbury.

Maybe a club like Argyle always has to take a risk. However, it just very frustrating watching someone like Riley perform well only for him to go off injured. Feel sorry for the player but l do wonder if Argyle has to start steering clear of these types of player with such a limited budget.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
But on our budget its all we can get. If always fit these guys would probably be at other clubs on better wages. It's a horrid dilemma to have. They clearly have talent but...