Ladapo | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ladapo

Sep 2, 2008
Really think that he needs to take a rest for a bit. Nothing is sticking, he's not strong enough to hold defenders off, he doesn't show himself, always seems to be on his heels and has his mind in neutral. He also has an annoying habit of letting the ball bounce in front of him rather than taking that extra step towards it to kill it and give himself a bit more time. It feels to me that lately we only really have 9 outfield players for a large part of the game.

Jun 24, 2008
Pottypilgrim":3vbhjbxv said:
Really think that he needs to take a rest for a bit. Nothing is sticking, he's not strong enough to hold defenders off, he doesn't show himself, always seems to be on his heels and has his mind in neutral. He also has an annoying habit of letting the ball bounce in front of him rather than taking that extra step towards it to kill it and give himself a bit more time. It feels to me that lately we only really have 9 outfield players for a large part of the game.

You're actually serious aren't you? He was excellent today.

There's quite often a call for Taylor to be ahead of Ladapo on here. I can't believe the lack of intelligence on here some times. He has scored 15 goals so far this season playing up front on his own!!!! He often creates chances on his own and is quick, intelligent on the ball. He's strong enough to often make enough space to shoot or make a forward pass. He runs the channels, scores various types of goals inside and outside of the box.

Taylor is a knock the ball onto another player (who is often not there). He has hit double figures ONCE in his career in one season...He's 30. Now it may now sound like I'm knocking Taylor but i don't mean too. I'm glad he's ours and we have that option. He's a different type of striker. However, how on earth can people constantly make the call for Ladapo to be dropped after the excellent season he's having. It might be different next season...that's form. I find it incredible that his form is constantly in question. He's as important to us as Carey and Lamieras right now. Theres no calls for them to be dropped.

Oct 16, 2016
The criticism of him is astounding, other than Carey he’s standing on the shoulders of giants above the rest. Sarcevic gets plaudits for nothing and yet Ladapo gets yards from the ‘fans’

Watching a certain standard of football for years has an impact on the brain

Mar 14, 2009
Can l ask what people are expecting of Ladapo when he has very little support and the balls are hoofed up to him on a continuous basis and he is expected to make something of this?

The guy is isolated. He has very little support. He has to make things happen by himself mostly.

Lameiras worked his socks off today. Yet he is very lightweight when the ball is in the air. So that leaves Ladapo to get to the ball and try and retain possession.

He is working miracles at times under Adams system of one up front.

Pottypilgrim":3krv7sm3 said:

Flaubert suggests there’s no such thing as truth, only perspective. I think your perspective is different to about 10,000 others. He had a great game.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ladapo is a good player. He feeds off scraps and does well and also offers goal threat. For me he’s definitely our no.1 striker.

Sep 2, 2008
mervyn":1fcxb4u6 said:
Pottypilgrim":1fcxb4u6 said:

Flaubert suggests there’s no such thing as truth, only perspective. I think your perspective is different to about 10,000 others. He had a great game.

I think your perspective is as flawed as you think mine is.

Nov 15, 2017
I think he’s brilliant, he’s strong he takes on the defence he’s not afraid to get stuck in we’ve not had a striker like him in a while willing to take on defenders like he does.
Downfall is trying to win headers when booted up field to him

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Metal_Green_Mickey":3lse8u77 said:
Can l ask what people are expecting of Ladapo when he has very little support and the balls are hoofed up to him on a continuous basis and he is expected to make something of this?

The guy is isolated. He has very little support. He has to make things happen by himself mostly.

Lameiras worked his socks off today. Yet he is very lightweight when the ball is in the air. So that leaves Ladapo to get to the ball and try and retain possession.

He is working miracles at times under Adams system of one up front.

Precisely the point. Setting up the way we did today, you need a back to goal striker who retains possession and links play.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Thecrockmachine":25nnfxsq said:
I think he’s brilliant, he’s strong he takes on the defence he’s not afraid to get stuck in we’ve not had a striker like him in a while willing to take on defenders like he does.

If we had defenders who were better on the ball and didn’t resort to long balls we wouldn’t need to as much. I’d like to see Lloyd Jones given a start who I think would be better than Canavan and would Hopefully be able to keep the ball better.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":s5umgzx0 said:
Thecrockmachine":s5umgzx0 said:

If we had defenders who were better on the ball and didn’t resort to long balls we wouldn’t need to as much. I’d like to see Lloyd Jones given a start who I think would be better than Canavan and would Hopefully be able to keep the ball better.

How often you seen Jones play?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Enough times to form an opinion about him being better than Canavan.