Macey v Letheren | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Macey v Letheren

Oct 5, 2013
Who is the better for our team performances? Maybe we’ll get an answer today.
I make this a poor call by DA, to play Macey ahead of a fit Letheren, and think it might lose us the game.
We shall see...

Sep 2, 2008
Still Letheren for me. For me, I can see some improvement in Macey's game but I still feel safer with Letheren between the sticks.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Letheren, but it is nowhere near as clear-cut as some people think.

Both have faults and real strong points. Neither are terrible or brilliant at this level.

Sep 2, 2008
ealinggreen":3s893bh8 said:
Macey makes basic errors.

For me, his positioning is a bit suspect as well. For their first he didn't crab across at all even though their player was dribbling along the edge of the box. Macey gave him a massive target to aim for. So much so that Macey didn't even bother making any attempt to save it. For the second, he didn't get his body behind the ball at all. It was an angled ball into the box which the attacker simply let bounce off his head to lift it over Songo'o. It didn't change direction. If Macey had his body behind it he would have been surprised to see it coming to him but at least he would have been able to gather it up. As it was, he just dropped his body to the floor. No attempt to even flick out a hand to see if he could get a lucky finger tip. Really believe that Letheren would have done much better. He knew nothing about his 'wonder' stop just before half time. The attacker aimed the ball straight at him. Still Lethers for me. Will be interesting to see if Lethers starts next game. I think he will...

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Pottypilgrim":3az3eacc said:
ealinggreen":3az3eacc said:

For me, his positioning is a bit suspect as well. For their first he didn't crab across at all even though their player was dribbling along the edge of the box. Macey gave him a massive target to aim for. So much so that Macey didn't even bother making any attempt to save it. For the second, he didn't get his body behind the ball at all. It was an angled ball into the box which the attacker simply let bounce off his head to lift it over Songo'o. It didn't change direction. If Macey had his body behind it he would have been surprised to see it coming to him but at least he would have been able to gather it up. As it was, he just dropped his body to the floor. No attempt to even flick out a hand to see if he could get a lucky finger tip. Really believe that Letheren would have done much better. He knew nothing about his 'wonder' stop just before half time. The attacker aimed the ball straight at him. Still Lethers for me. Will be interesting to see if Lethers starts next game. I think he will...

Completely spot on. His wonder save was a 1 yard smash at his legs, he knew little of it. The second he just watched it go over his shoulder.

He's got loads better since the start of the season but Letheren is a more rounded keeper.

Mar 14, 2009
Willis88":18tqcndo said:
Pottypilgrim":18tqcndo said:
ealinggreen":18tqcndo said:

Completely spot on. His wonder save was a 1 yard smash at his legs, he knew little of it. The second he just watched it go over his shoulder.

He's got loads better since the start of the season but Letheren is a more rounded keeper.

Baffled.

Not sure what he could of done with either goal.

Their second goal was about the quality of the cross. A deft flick and into the corner.

Adams went defensive and yet not one Argyle player got near the person crossing the ball.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Not complaining about first goal. That's one of those you just cant do anything about. But the second he just let go over him, no attempt to get it

Mar 16, 2009
London
I don't care if this makes me unpopular, but Matt is a far, far better keeper than Kyle. And he will keep getting better and better.

Fair play to Kyle for performing when called upon, he clearly has a brilliant attitude.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think Macey has some brilliant attributes and is probably more technical in a goalkeeping sense but Letheren brings calmness, commanding of his area and general confidence because of the experience he has.

I’m just more reassured with him in goal over Macey. Macey seems/looks a little more on edge in certain situations.

Jul 12, 2016
Letheren was unlucky with his injury and should be our first choice keeper. Macey has played better lately but does not offer the same level of confidence to our defence.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I am honestly lost for words that anyone could criticise Macey for the first goal today. David De Gea wouldn’t have stopped it.

I didn’t have a great view of the second but can’t see how he’s at fault either?

And I see everyone is conveniently ignoring the unbelievable save that kept it 0-0 from Nichols? If Letheren had done that we’d be funding statues outside the ground.