Time for Lloyd Jones | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Time for Lloyd Jones

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I thought our CB’s looked shaky yesterday, not comfortable on the ball, lost possession, poor distribution not playing to Ladapo’s strengths and not really dominant in the air which is disappointing for two tall players.

I’ve seen Lloyd Jones play for Liverpool and Wales and he’s always impressed me, very very good in the air and looks assured and comfortable on the ball. Not slow either for a big lad.

I think it’s time he came into the side probably for Canavan I reckon.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Canavan has been part of a successful team and defence during 2019 so it would be harsh to drop him, especially when he hasn't committed any howlers that have led to goals.

Our centre-backs always struggle with opposition midfield runners coming at them, as Shrewsbury showed, but that's more to do with the lack of cover in front of them, it wasn't the best game for Songo'o last night.

The selection of the subs for the Shrewsbury game showed that Scott Wootton has dropped further down the pecking order.

Jan 27, 2012
Adams said Jones looked good in training. I think if Edwards or Canavan start having dodgy games then Jones will quickly be replacing them.

But Adams can't really do this unless Argyle start losing or playing badly. Its hard to change a winning team as the idea is that winners get to keep their shirts. I personally don't rate Canavan or Edwards that highly, but if they win or the team plays well then they can't really be dropped.

I think good players like Taylor and Threlkeld are also out of the picture due to that, even though they are probably among the best players at the club.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
I think you should be proactive. If you wait to lose then it's already too late.

I didn't see all of the game last night but after the Shrews pen Edwards looked very shaky - a few airkicks and shanks. He definitely has an error in him (cf Rochdale). One day it will really cost us.

If you are dropping one of him and Canavan, I think it has to be him. The two are pretty equal in my book, but Canavan's left foot gives us better balance (assuming LJ is right footed?).

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Edwards did look a tad shaky yesterday but i wouldn't underestimate how difficult it must have been to read the high/long ball in the wind yesterday.

Jul 18, 2011
The longer the players stay together the better they will get. In the past two games we’ve only conceded one goal which was a penalty given away by a forward. They are doing a job and don’t deserve to be dropped. Yes, one of them could make a howler but so could Jones if he is picked instead.

Dec 19, 2009
Both Canavan and Edwards were below their recent levels of performance last night. Suspect the difficult windy conditions played as much a part as anything else, they weren't the only ones having trouble judging headers. Wouldn't change anything yet personnally, they've done well previously and have forged a sound partnership, ceratinly better than any other tried so far this season.

Sep 3, 2009
Not sure if it's time for Jones but we continue to look vulnerable at the back, particularly in the middle.

If the 'winners don't get dropped' philosophy applies across the board it will be interesting to see if Smith-Brown comes back in, now that the booking amnesty is in force.

Dec 21, 2015
Odd that some want the defence changed that has conceded no goals from open play ... The conditions and lack of protection plays a huge part in how one person performs

Sawyer didn't have the best of games but nobody is calling for him to be dropped

Songo didn't have the best of games but nobody is calling for him to be dropped

Sarc didn't have the best of games and many are making excuses for him

Carey didn't have the best if games and gave away the pen that allowed Shrewsbury to score there only goal

Sone on here just try to pick fault when there is no fault to pick

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
It is amazing how often players on the bench are considered to be in the best form!

Sep 19, 2015
It would be a bit harsh on either of the Centre halfs to drag one of them after two decent defensive performances where the only goal against was from a penalty conceded by Carey. That said, I beleive that Lloyd Jones is a better player than both Edwards and Canavan but unfortunately for him, time is running out to prove himself.

Aug 5, 2016
Harsh after a clean sheet v Luton and Carey conceding the pen was nothing to do with Eddy or Cannavano.

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Like others have said you can't drop anyone if we are picking up results and they aren't making howlers every game.

However I think we need an upgrade for both places in the central defence department in the summer if we are to push on.

Aug 5, 2016
PlymouthCasual":3ai6ycey said:
It would be a bit harsh on either of the Centre halfs to drag one of them after two decent defensive performances where the only goal against was from a penalty conceded by Carey. That said, I beleive that Lloyd Jones is a better player than both Edwards and Canavan but unfortunately for him, time is running out to prove himself.

I'm sure DA will be keen for a permanent deal if his contract is up for discussion.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":34fh1l0u said:
I thought our CB’s looked shaky yesterday, not comfortable on the ball, lost possession, poor distribution not playing to Ladapo’s strengths and not really dominant in the air which is disappointing for two tall players.

I’ve seen Lloyd Jones play for Liverpool and Wales and he’s always impressed me, very very good in the air and looks assured and comfortable on the ball. Not slow either for a big lad.

I think it’s time he came into the side probably for Canavan I reckon.
I seem to recall that you recently said he was the best centre back at the club. I really don't know what you base that on. He's not exactly played many league games over the past 5 years and if you saw him play for Wales he must have been about 16/17 as he changed his allegiance to England. As others have said he'll get his chance when either Edwards or Canavan go through a bad patch or through injury to one of them.