Humble Pie | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Humble Pie

Aug 26, 2011
I hope a significant number of the posters on here are now eating a large slice of humble pie after Adams has turned the season around

He’s too good a manager not to have

When he does go let’s hope he doesn’t get the lacking loyalty poo - the abuse he got was a f1king joke

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
No humble pie.

Many of the reasons I Didn’t want Adams as manager still exist.

He’s still arrogant, still talks b$&@;)ks, still has way to much control over the whole club.

But if he keeps winning games I’ll tolerate him.

Oct 31, 2015
TynanWozGr8":1uvhnike said:
I hope a significant number of the posters on here are now eating a large slice of humble pie after Adams has turned the season around

When he does go let’s hope he doesn’t get the lacking loyalty poo - the abuse he got was a f1king joke

Why should I???
If you are happy with half seasons that's your look out and more fool you.

I want Adams to realise the season starts in August..

As I have said for a while we will know where we sit after these next 2 games.

No humble pie from this call sign ffs

Instead of starting this post enjoy the day after that performance

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
mervyn":1nrwqszl said:
Stuart House":1nrwqszl said:
No humble pie.

He’s still arrogant, still talks b$&@;)ks, still has way to much control over the whole club.

How jolly sporting of you.

Quite, it’s almost like Fergy at United and look how that ended up.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
I thinking it’s very sporting of me. I did have to sit through the first half of the season which was dire.

I enjoyed today, and now believe we will stay up.

But only because Adams took six months to stumble in to his best team. I’m not gonna give him credit for that.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Stuart House":by2k8166 said:
No humble pie.

In what way?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
rsp4":21yqf63d said:
TynanWozGr8":21yqf63d said:

Why should I???
If you are happy with half seasons that's your look out and more fool you.

I want Adams to realise the season starts in August..

As I have said for a while we will know where we sit after these next 2 games.

No humble pie from this call sign ffs

Instead of starting this post enjoy the day after that performance
Have to agree.

A great win and performance today though which we should all enjoy.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
TynanWozGr8":1t94kze6 said:

It’s just as easy to praise when things are going well than it is to criticise when things aren’t.

Your saying this now but I bet you weren’t just as behind Adams during our slump as you are now.

Apr 5, 2008
Stuart House":3pit58gy said:
I thinking it’s very sporting of me. I did have to sit through the first half of the season which was dire.

I enjoyed today, and now believe we will stay up.

But only because Adams took six months to stumble in to his best team. I’m not gonna give him credit for that.

Sounds like you wouldn't give him credit if we win the next two games, blame the turnaround of players for our poor starts last two years.

Who would you have as the manager then as your so obviously against this one.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
I’m not gonna get in to any anti Adams discussion on the day we won 5-1. I just resent the fact I should ‘eat humble pie’ because we are at last winning.

We were crap before, now we’re better. I’m happy.

Feb 2, 2007
Good post by the op as it reminded me of my need to eat a regular Homity Pie. So thanks for that,

No humble pie though, I stand by all my posts positive and negative about Adams. The current form is great as was the few months of last season it all clicked, but he can’t get a group of very good players clicking for a whole season at this level yet. And we had did to have suffer some mind bendingly poo displays, h to Peterborough, a at Oxford and A at Shrews will live long in the memory.

Old Chinese proverb, probably...

Criticism spurs people to greatness. Blind faith leads us to blindness.

Apr 1, 2009
moles40":161wf4wb said:
blame the turnaround of players for our poor starts last two years.

Firstly, these aren't just poor starts, they are horrendous starts. Secondly, who is responsible for the fact that we have had big turnarounds of players? If it's not DA, then who is it? Thirdly, plenty of clubs have these "turnarounds" and manage to start seasons decently.

I've never called for Adams to go. He's got many excellent qualities, but a number of weaknesses too. His managerships have always been characterised by streaks of good and bad results, which IMHO make him a decent manager but not a great one. I don't see why anyone should eat humble pie for comments in the autumn.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's evident that this current good run has come from the players from last season, today's team only had three new signings.

During the poor run of games earlier in the season Lameiras, Fox, Sarcevic and Songo'o were in and out of the team and Sawyer and Edwards were absent plus we had an error prone keeper.
It could be that new players over the last two seasons struggle with the double training routine that Adams uses and pick up niggling injuries that disrupts the chance of a settled team which is reflected in poor results.

The bench today contained five new signings for this season or six if you include Threlkeld with only three new signings starting the game.
Next season we might see the new signings from this season become regular first team players.

BTW, has Up The Line gone into winter hibernation again? :)