Bradford on Saturday | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bradford on Saturday

May 18, 2016
As an Argyle fan trapped in Yorkshire, I have been speaking with a few Bradford fans and they are very gloomy. The general opinion is that their squad isn't good enough and they expect to finish where they are in the league - with only Wimbledon below them. They are certainly worse than last season and with our current form, they all expect us to win on Saturday - again.

Coming into the game last year, we were the ones near the bottom but we pulled off a surprise win and then kicked on into that great run. This time we have already kicked on in similar fashion, so a win is more an expectation than a hope. Those who came up last year might remember how bitterly cold it was, but even the weather is set to improve and it shouldn't be anything like as cold (or grim) on Saturday.

adegreenarmy":kp39fsle said:
As an Argyle fan trapped in Yorkshire, I have been speaking with a few Bradford fans and they are very gloomy. The general opinion is that their squad isn't good enough and they expect to finish where they are in the league - with only Wimbledon below them. They are certainly worse than last season and with our current form, they all expect us to win on Saturday - again.

Coming into the game last year, we were the ones near the bottom but we pulled off a surprise win and then kicked on into that great run. This time we have already kicked on in similar fashion, so a win is more an expectation than a hope. Those who came up last year might remember how bitterly cold it was, but even the weather is set to improve and it shouldn't be anything like as cold (or grim) on Saturday.
Based on their current form, and ours it should be a win for Argyle, but wouldn’t want to bet my pension on it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Ummmmm

I hate these types of games. We’re peak form, they’re doom and gloom poor performances....

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Tugboat":ns987y5o said:
Ummmmm

I hate these types of games. We’re peak form, they’re doom and gloom poor performances....
Zackly...... Completely irrational but I don’t have a great feeling about this one. I’m telling myself that the home games are the important ones – if we can win most of our those from now on then anything away should be a bonus and we’ll be OK. Just got this nasty feeling something is about to go wrong on Saturday …… I hope it’s me!!

Oct 14, 2015
Just don’t want to lose to relegation rivals so I’d take a draw ..that way no gain on us and another game ticked off

Nov 6, 2011
Ave_IT":103xlclh said:
Tugboat":103xlclh said:
Ummmmm

Zackly...... Completely irrational but I don’t have a great feeling about this one. I’m telling myself that the home games are the important ones – if we can win most of our those from now on then anything away should be a bonus and we’ll be OK. Just got this nasty feeling something is about to go wrong on Saturday …… I hope it’s me!!

Relax, we're kicking ass where ever we go. 0-3 Argyle. Derek has got this one :scarf:

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Tough game. A scrappy 0-1 would do very nicely, but I'd also happily take a point. A defeat would undo a lot of good work in previous weeks.

My most local game for the season so am looking forward to it, and at least it'll be warmer this year. I'd happily settle for another 1-0 win, although would like it to be more comfortable. The good news for anyone taking the train is that this is the first Saturday in many many weeks that Northern Rail aren't on strike. Can enjoy public transport and many of the fine pubs in the city.

M

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Happily take a draw right now. They’ll be well up for it and will be targeting it as a must win to turn their season around. If we win they shouldn’t really be finishing above us but as long as we leave with the gap between us bigger than two points I’ll be happy.

Jan 6, 2004
Why are we "happily" taking a point from the 2nd bottom team given our recent form? This should be an all out go for the 3 points job.

Jul 12, 2016
Cannot afford to lose this one. As long as we match fellow relegation contenders and win a few home we should be okay.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
oldage":2ccd33dc said:
Cannot afford to lose this one. As long as we match fellow relegation contenders and win a few home we should be okay.
I don’t really agree with that. Virtually half the league are ‘relegation strugglers’ – we may have ‘only’ a 4 or 5 point lead over those in the relegation spots (ignoring Wombles who seem doomed) so it’s true that if we lose to Bradford they’ll only be a point behind us. But they can’t all win – we do have a bit of a cushion now and there’s no knowing who the ‘real’ relegation candidates will be until much closer to the end of the season. Bradford might end up comfortably clear (as may we) so it might not be a six-pointer at all. We just have to pick up points steadily, it doesn’t matter against who and doesn’t matter what anyone else does (not yet anyway). A loss on Saturday would be a missed opportunity against a side we assume will be one of the weaker teams we have left to play – but not a disaster.