New 'stuff' on Pasoti. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New 'stuff' on Pasoti.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
These are a few changes we could be making in the next month.

1) Thumbs up thumbs down on each posting.
2) Share facility so you can link the post/thread straight to Social Media.
3) Decent Countdown Clocks for ETA of the Refurb Project and End of Season.
4) Inclusion of League Table on the bottom left hand side of the page.

These changes will take some time, and please do NOT write to your local MP if the proposed date is not met.

Thanks.

Ian

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
The PASOTI clock being the same as GMT would be a boon...

Aug 5, 2005
Just want to say that the thumbs proposal is not a great idea. There is a reason why the vast majority of sites don't allow negative feedback on posts - it just encourages outright negativity throughout. I think the only place that still does it is the comments section of the Daily Mail

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
oddball":3eak9lxq said:
The PASOTI clock being the same as GMT would be a boon...

It's about 10 minutes behind due to the server we use.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If it pees you off Alan, I'll make sure that isn't fixed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would add that No1 (and No2 as it happens) will need you to be signed in.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Quizmike":uqtzgow9 said:
Just want to say that the thumbs proposal is not a great idea. There is a reason why the vast majority of sites don't allow negative feedback on posts - it just encourages outright negativity throughout. I think the only place that still does it is the comments section of the Daily Mail

I agree. There might be folk who post quite sincere opinions, who are sensitive souls. If they are given a load of thumbs down, they might never bother to post again. We should rejoice that they are Argyle supporters who happily follow this web-site. Please review

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
GMT? Is that Green's Moaning Time?

Since I 'retired' (scoff! :doh: ) I've been intending to go onto CDT - Cornish Dreckly Time but I haven't made it yet due to retail and social housing commitments!! :lol:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Come on Pogle it's sooooooo important.

I hate the Tower of Pisa leaning as well, bleddy rubbish. As for that cracked pigging bell..................

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Mr P probably nearer the mark with your GMT...every since the birth of PASOTI the time has never been right...and it looks like that is not going to change.....

May 22, 2006
Quintrell_Green":89clfrf6 said:
Quizmike":89clfrf6 said:

I agree. There might be folk who post quite sincere opinions, who are sensitive souls. If they are given a load of thumbs down, they might never bother to post again. We should rejoice that they are Argyle supporters who happily follow this web-site. Please review

I'm not sure about this either. Reddit uses a similar system, where the top-voted comments rise and the most downvoted stuff essentially disappears. So it can be useful for filtering out those posts and posters who contribute little to the discussion, but people tend to use the downvote system for opinions that they merely disagree with, which isn't the point.

Perhaps a twitter-style "like" system would be better.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Good point and never thought of it that way.

Mmmm, perhaps a rethink on that one then.