999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Spot on.
Not sure I'd want relationship advice, from some particular users, on here though!! :D

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Good article!!

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
I loved this line:

“It’s the go-to resource for everything. If I want to know what the roads are like before setting off on a journey, I’ll check NSC rather than the AA website, because if there’s a hold-up between Lancing and Worthing, NSC will tell me exactly where, how long it’s been going on, alternative routes, whose fault it is and whether the underlying cause is Corbyn, Brexit or Palace.”

Sep 7, 2006
There's a lot of truth in that article, and almost all of it applicable to this site too.

Not sure why it should be, but there's a marked difference in politeness in the general level of discourse on here versus, for example, twitter. Some bright spark will one day make a fortune working out why that is.

Whatever the reason, we're lucky to have Pasoti.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Mods on here work tirelessly to ensure that the site does not go the way of others.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Makes a lot of sense, that piece.

As a regular reader and occasional poster on here it's easy to take sites like this for granted. Sure, there are characters here who can be knobs at times but then that's just a reflection of life generally. You can't get on with everyone, but PASOTI serves a real purpose.

Bit like the Mens' Sheds movement too.

May 16, 2016
I tend to avoid the more instant and accesible social (?) Media outlets these days. They eventually all begin to 'sound' the same. The rooms full of people swearing at, and overreacting to each other or the slightest of setbacks have all now become a sort of bland, predictable mish mash of stock responses.

This Site is refreshing in its low tolerance of bad language and obvious trolling. It might be a bit too pro the Club and hierarchy for some, but doesnt outwardly carry out anti personal crusades.

I've yet to read any decent gardening or motoring tips for recently single, transitional gender, vegans , but thats ok as there's probably a Facebook group for that.

May 22, 2006
Raul 1":1qgvzmgg said:
There's a lot of truth in that article, and almost all of it applicable to this site too.

Not sure why it should be, but there's a marked difference in politeness in the general level of discourse on here versus, for example, twitter. Some bright spark will one day make a fortune working out why that is.

Whatever the reason, we're lucky to have Pasoti.

Ian will probably have the numbers, but I expect the average age on here is much higher than twitter, facebook and reddit (if Plymouth Argyle even has a subreddit?). Once you get older and responsibilities pile up, you realise how little it really matters.

Also there is a specific emphasis here towards making Pasoti child-friendly. Can't have that if we allow every whackjob and every tedious little edgelord. This is the top table and you'd better learn your manners.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I don`t do twitter, facebook, snapchat etc., but would be lost without the news and views on PASOTI. I read everything from Mr Biggs, GA 1884 through to UTL and BG, all have individual merit and create interest in differing ways. We are a broad church and I don`t think anybody warrants blocking. The bottom line is that we all support PAFC, maybe not the manager or chairman or individual players, but the entity that is Plymouth Argyle.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
It is the best football forum of those I've used or visited, a lot of that must be down to the moderators as well as contributors.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Raul 1":1yzmw7ny said:

Because on here everyone is an Argyle fan at the end of the day.

On Twitter, that isn't the case and people make comments because they want to get likes/retweets etc, so they'll be more controversial.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
justanotherfan":3pezxvar said:
I don`t do twitter, facebook, snapchat etc., but would be lost without the news and views on PASOTI. I read everything from Mr Biggs, GA 1884 through to UTL and BG, all have individual merit and create interest in differing ways. We are a broad church and I don`t think anybody warrants blocking. The bottom line is that we all support PAFC, maybe not the manager or chairman or individual players, but the entity that is Plymouth Argyle.
LC? :)

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":2jmw4wwx said:
justanotherfan":2jmw4wwx said:
LC? :)

Yes even LC at his wind up worst. :twisted:

fawlty

♣️ PASALB Member
Feb 1, 2012
There is no doubting that PASOTI is the ‘go to’ site for a wide range of views which will either confirm your own thoughts or give you details that may enable you to change your own view. As already noted, credit must be given to the hardworking moderators who protect us from the extreme posts that do not contribute at all to sensible debate and discussion.
PASOTI must be protected and maintained as it is the lifeblood for fans including exiles, like myself, as it is focussed solely on Argyle which is why we all use it.
I have to admit that I go to PASOTI via Greens on Screen which I find equally essential.
Fawlty