Daily Catch Up - Thursday 17 January | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Daily Catch Up - Thursday 17 January

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

In light of the news that Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa spies on opposition training routines Derek Adams explains why he has stopped fans from attending training sessions....
“We don’t allow that to happen. Some players will not be training for an injury and we don’t want that to be picked up quickly.
“We do know that information does get out because people want to get information before anybody else. It’s that kind of world we are in.

“The world has changed from the point of view that in years gone by we had a dial telephone and you probably used to phone one or two people.
“Nowadays, you have got Twitter, Facebook, Whats App or whatever it is, and instantly tell the world what is happening at any event.

“That’s one of the reasons why we don’t allow supporters in because we don’t want it to get out there quickly, but we understand it does get out there.”

Coventry City fans forum match thread ..... Link

Derek Adams confirms Norwich City keeper Remi Matthews will not be returning to Argyle and Kyle Letheren is now the number one keeper ....
"We have got three goalkeepers and we won’t be adding a fourth.
“I obviously know that Remi is back to Norwich and he’s either going to stay at Norwich or probably get sold to another club. I don’t have money to buy him.

“Kyle Letheren is in place at this moment in time and that’s how it stands.
Michael Cooper is available to go on loan if we find the appropriate club for him.
“It has to be at the right level for him to develop, and at this moment in time that is the National League or League Two.”

Derek Adams confirms Joel Grant, Jamie Ness and Conor Grant are still injured and will miss the Coventry game, Joel Grant and Ness should be back in training next week and Conor Grant the following week.

Match preview from Coventry Live Link

Sep 7, 2006
Emeraldinho":tlmkmpjk said:
Really winds me up how DA keeps saying 'at this moment in time'!! Call me old fashioned...

It's in every interview. Definitely his favourite filler phrase. Drives me a bit nuts too!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Raul 1":15e07ijh said:
Emeraldinho":15e07ijh said:
Really winds me up how DA keeps saying 'at this moment in time'!! Call me old fashioned...

It's in every interview. Definitely his favourite filler phrase. Drives me a bit nuts too!

Plus his 'It's important ..... ' phrase.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Raul 1":17g6bblj said:
Emeraldinho":17g6bblj said:

Yes, it is bit like the use of the phrase 'no bother' which is constantly used at the moment completely unnecessarily

Dec 3, 2005
I like the way he talks about having no supporters watching the training, in case news of players fitness or whatever get out, then further down he tells us the players who wont be available for the Coventry game lol.