Ladapo v Rashford | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ladapo v Rashford

May 16, 2016
I watched the Spurs v Utd game yesterday, other than the inital pass being on the opposite side of the pitch, the goal Rashford scored was a carbon copy of Freddies' at Southend.

Why is it the level of superlatives for anything outside of the Prem, are much lower, despite the events often being identical ? ;)

Jan 27, 2012
I agree with the general point you are making.

But comparing Rashford and Ladopo is like comparing a Ferrari 488 with a Skoda Octavia.

May 16, 2016
gaspargomez":3gnmwiz9 said:

But comparing Rashford and Ladopo is like comparing a Ferrari 488 with a Skoda Octavia.

Very true, but It was the two goals I was comparing !

Jan 27, 2012
A Skoda Octavia does 95% of what a Ferarri 488 can do.

Its just not as fast, not as well balanced and doesn't have leather seats as standard !
However, like Freddie, the Skoda is probably a bit tougher and is much cheaper to run.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
...and... the only option for most budgets....& quite capable of being gratefully loved & “just perfect the job” for most realistic owners.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
gaspargomez":s6fpt6tj said:

Its just not as fast, not as well balanced and doesn't have leather seats as standard !
However, like Freddie, the Skoda is probably a bit tougher and is much cheaper to run.

My son-in-law has a mid range Volvo on his choice list as a works car....he chose instead an Octavia Estate....far more car for less money...I was surprised how good it is......not a bad thing then for Freddie to be compared with.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
gaspargomez":3qsy1ldc said:

Given Ladapo’s goalscoring form is he the Ferrari?

Skoda Octovia won car of Year I recall also .. ;)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
gaspargomez":350vwgh5 said:

It would also attract less speeding fines, I reckon

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":38pizb2k said:
gaspargomez":38pizb2k said:

It would also attract less speeding fines, I reckon

The throttle works both ways.

Aug 5, 2016
Guiri Green":3u4axt4r said:
gaspargomez":3u4axt4r said:

I had the same conversation with a friend (Liverpool fan) who 'can't watch lower league football because the standard is so shocking'. He said Rashford scored a cracking goal set up by a sublime pass from Pogba. I said eh, that's just a carbon copy of some striker you've never heard of doing it at a ground you'll never go to because it's a football standard you regard as terrible! It's a funny old game.

May 16, 2016
Knibbsworth":3cielhb9 said:
Guiri Green":3cielhb9 said:
gaspargomez":3cielhb9 said:

I had the same conversation with a friend (Liverpool fan) who 'can't watch lower league football because the standard is so shocking'. He said Rashford scored a cracking goal set up by a sublime pass from Pogba. I said eh, that's just a carbon copy of some striker you've never heard of doing it at a ground you'll never go to because it's a football standard you regard as terrible! It's a funny old game.

Emperor's New clothes isnt it.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Guiri Green":3saegn7v said:
Knibbsworth":3saegn7v said:
Guiri Green":3saegn7v said:
gaspargomez":3saegn7v said:

Emperor's New clothes isnt it.

A Liverpool fan who praised Rashford's shot and Pogba's pass??

A real non plastic Liverpool fan?? ... from somewhere near Liverpool? Someone who has been there .. once?

No. I don't think so either!! ;)

Aug 5, 2016
Like the majority of Liverpool fans he has a non-scouse accent, lives over 200 miles away and can count the times he's seen them live on one hand.