Goalkeepers | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Goalkeepers

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
With Letheren keeping the no.1 gk spot with Macey fit enough for the bench will Arsenal recall Macey?

If they do I think we should try to pull out all the stops to sign Remi Matthews. Certainly more chance this could happen if Macey doesn’t figure in DA’s 1st team anymore.

Discuss ..

Mar 16, 2009
London
JannerinCardiff":10a4cnyh said:
With Letheren keeping the no.1 gk spot with Macey fit enough for the bench will Arsenal recall Macey?

If they do I think we should try to pull out all the stops to sign Remi Matthews. Certainly more chance this could happen if Macey doesn’t figure in DA’s 1st team anymore.

Discuss ..

No.

Macey has performed well in plenty of games under difficult circumstances.

Letheren is part of a winning side so has proved he can deputise and be a capable no.2

Much more likely we’ll try and get Matthews in the summer if available.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
JannerinCardiff":ml202mat said:

Discuss ..

In an ideal world, yes I would agree with you.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Justin":1fntik03 said:
JannerinCardiff":1fntik03 said:

Discuss ..

No.

Macey has performed well in plenty of games under difficult circumstances.

Letheren is part of a winning side so has proved he can deputise and be a capable no.2

Much more likely we’ll try and get Matthews in the summer if available.

My thoughts were tho. that Arsenal might recall Macey if he’s not starting. If that were the case we’ll need a goalkeeper and right now Remi Matthews is available to buy for a ‘nominal fee’ (which Bolton agreed with Norwich. My fear is that If we leave it too late Remi might join someone else.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Is Derek after a keeper?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Keepitgreen":2ficq5ol said:
Is Derek after a keeper?

Might depend on what Arsenal think about Macey not playing in our 1st team..

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Aug 5, 2016
Matthews is on £6,000 a week, and Argyle is not a club that spends that on goalkeepers.

In the short term I'm sure Norwich will try to find a destination for him which can subsidise the largest part of his wages. Hopefully that ends up being Argyle at the end of January.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Agreed. We need to do all we can to get Remi on loan.

Also Cooper needs to be playing, so maybe loan him out.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Yesterday demonstrates that Letheren is not the answer and we need a proper keeper.
I might of got the score wrong but I did predict him making a howler.
If that had been Macey the lynch mob on here would of been out

Mar 16, 2009
London
samjones":26cn9xw2 said:
Yesterday demonstrates that Letheren is not the answer and we need a proper keeper.
I might of got the score wrong by I did predict him making a howler.
If that had been Macey the lynch mob on here would have been out

Completely.

Personally I’d have Macey back as soon as he’s fully fit.
He’s by far our best option and he’s earned the right to play behind an experienced, settled defence. He’s had to put up with change after change after change.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Justin":1wtk3ryx said:
samjones":1wtk3ryx said:

Completely.

Personally I’d have Macey back as soon as he’s fully fit.
He’s by far our best option and he’s earned the right to play behind an experienced, settled defence. He’s had to put up with change after change after change.

Justin, you clearly have a (very) soft spot for Macey but there is just no way that he will be reintroduced while Letheren is having this effect. The defence is settled in part because they have a confident and experienced keeper behind them, and it would be madness to change it back.

Sam is a troll and his dismissal of Letheren based on that goal is yet another wind-up tactic.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Macey has been injured so might expect some time on the bench because Letheren has done well.

We can't send Macey back but Arsenal can recall him so Adams putting him on the bench through January might force Arsenal to recall him which would free up wages for Adams to sign a better keeper.

Aug 5, 2016
samjones":30rgx285 said:

The lynch mob that you're a very vocal part of every time Argyle lose? The lynch mob you're trying to raise up around Letheren now?

It's nice to see you developing a soft spot for Macey, however it's a shame fans don't feel so considerate about Tafari Moore when they offer to drive him back to London whenever he makes a mistake.