Season ticket prices | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Season ticket prices

Feb 18, 2006
Tewkesbury
I’ve just seen on SSN that Huddersfield are freezing their season ticket prices for next season. Price will remain at £249 an adult. That’s £125 less than I paid for mine at HP and they get to watch premier league football. Are we being overcharged at Argyle, or are the Huddersfield owners very generous?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
The squillions of pounds that they get from the Premier League probably subsidises their prices i'd guess.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Their season ticket gets access to 19 matches while ours is for 23 matches. In rough terms, that is just over £13 per match at Huddersfield v versus just over £18 per match at Home Park.

Individual match day tickets at Huddersfield are £30, rather more than ours.

I suspect that Huddersfield feel more need to tie punters in for the season as there is more competition for casuals in the northern powerhouse area than there is in the south-west. So a very generous season ticket price (compared to match day pricing) will bring them the secondary spend that punters being in the stadium generates.

Plus what Daz says.

Jul 14, 2008
As Daz says it’s purely about the fact that the amount of tv money they get means gate money is not all that important. Lower league clubs such as ourselves are almost wholly reliant on gate money.

I believe Manchester City sell some season tickets that are cheaper than ours too. It’s lucky we don’t have a Premier League club near us - I imagine it will become increasingly difficult for clubs like Oldham to attract fans if it’s potentially cheaper to go and watch some of the best players in the world at City.

Feb 18, 2006
Tewkesbury
I didn’t consider the extra money coming in to the clubs and the geographical competition that those clubs face. Makes sense when you realise that

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Ticket prices for the upcoming fixture against Coventry though are quite expensive due to extra costs of policing....never thought there was any bad blood between the supporters,and I have been to the Ricoh several times, but the powers have decided to make it a Cat A match...

Oct 16, 2016
A season ticket shouldn’t be more than £250 for an adult. Bradford do it at £150, West Ham’s ST can be bought for less than argyles. Some clubs are simply naive and greedy (most in fact) should look beyond making the fast £, sell a maximum amount for £250, fill the stadium, increase match day revenue in terms of gates AND other money streams

It isn’t a fans job to bankroll a club, solvency and sensible spending is the right way

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Here we go again! That time of the year when we have a 50 page diatribe on the club ripping off supporters by overcharging for season tickets!

Closely followed, of course, by a 50 page diatribe slating the club for not spending big time in the transfer window!

Round and round and round it goes...!

Oct 16, 2016
Club should never spend beyond its means, ever

‘Tis only the Sky generation that subscribes desperately to the ‘spend spend spend ethos

A fans job is not to worry about how comfy the boards fat backsides are on their sheltered seats

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Shankster":1f69qw66 said:
A season ticket shouldn’t be more than £250 for an adult. Bradford do it at £150, West Ham’s ST can be bought for less than argyles. Some clubs are simply naive and greedy (most in fact) should look beyond making the fast £, sell a maximum amount for £250, fill the stadium, increase match day revenue in terms of gates AND other money streams

It isn’t a fans job to bankroll a club, solvency and sensible spending is the right way

Really? Assuming Argyle sell 7,500 season tickets, their biggest and most reliable source of income, it brings in just over £1.5 million. That won't go very far when DA asks how much his budget will be for the coming season.

Oct 16, 2016
Exactly, gate receipts are part of the income stream but commercial activities, EFL funds, shirt sales, food and drink, corporate activities are all part of the bigger picture

Sell more ST at a far mor reasonable price to increase the other activities inside the stadium

It’s like the lads and lasses that buy their seats when sections are refurbished and the money going into the clubs coffers, it’s an absolute disgrace, that money should go straight to the clubs charities

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Prices for a bottom of Div 3 / Div 4 club are high IMHO.

Given the geography they know they have a captive football audience and milk it for all its worth.

Prices should be no more than £250 for a League 1 team and £200 for League 2 football

If that was the case though they would have to sell an extra 3,000 ST to generate the same revenue and there are not that many POTD customers either

Suggests to me it would not work to have the same model as Bradford prices

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Herts_Green":1prpuqgk said:
As Daz says it’s purely about the fact that the amount of tv money they get means gate money is not all that important. Lower league clubs such as ourselves are almost wholly reliant on gate money.

I believe Manchester City sell some season tickets that are cheaper than ours too. It’s lucky we don’t have a Premier League club near us - I imagine it will become increasingly difficult for clubs like Oldham to attract fans if it’s potentially cheaper to go and watch some of the best players in the world at City.

That's true....but as you can see there are very few at that lowest price.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-14595337

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
What Daz said. And Bradford’s model doesn’t work.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Shankster":2i3mkozd said:
Exactly, gate receipts are part of the income stream but commercial activities, EFL funds, shirt sales, food and drink, corporate activities are all part of the bigger picture

Sell more ST at a far mor reasonable price to increase the other activities inside the stadium

It doesn't work like that in reality though. If you make the tickets cheaper, people DO NOT spend the money they save on extras. In fact it's the opposite. Charge £10 to watch a film in a cinema and they are likely to buy a hot dog. Charge £150 for a ticket for the opera and they're more likely to spend £75 per head in a fancy restaurant as a part of the night out.