Brick clean up | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brick clean up

May 16, 2016
Last time I looked, they certainly needed it !

Maybe a good idea to move them onto the refurbed Grandstand one day. Perhaps placed vertically on a better protected location.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Glad they are having a clean.

Three of the four I bought contain names of people now gone - it is nice to know they are at HP.

Jan 27, 2012
Guiri Green":37e1or3x said:

Maybe a good idea to move them onto the refurbed Grandstand one day. Perhaps placed vertically on a better protected location.

You beat me to it as I was going to suggest the same thing !

This would be a much better idea in my opinion.

Oct 31, 2015
Guiri Green":nve7tbn0 said:

What a good idea. And maybe do another run for the main stand.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
From memory this has been suggested over the years a few times. I think it was something to do with the bricks breaking up if they are moved?

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
GreenArmy1984":2584gao8 said:
Let’s hope we could have some new bricks for the new Grandstand

Would love to buy one

We Are Argyle

I totally agree. They could easily have raised more funds towards the main stand or towards perhaps corners being filled at a later date.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I’m sure originally when we bought our bricks we told they would be incorporated in the new Mayflower stand when it was built. Stapleton and co were running the show then, I think now it has been established that the are not engineering bricks and not suitable for building a wall.

May 16, 2016
dunlop":2lh0rgm3 said:
I’m sure originally when we bought our bricks we told they would be incorporated in the new Mayflower stand when it was built. Stapleton and co were running the show then, I think now it has been established that the are not engineering bricks and not suitable for building a wall.

I never thought they were anything more than symbolic bricks, more a plaque than anything. A finished proper wall, a squirt of some instant nails and job done.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Guiri Green":1fu9pspp said:

I agree about the bricks being vertical, takes up less space (so more room for new bricks) and should need cleaning less often..

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
derbygreen":34lms7jr said:
GreenArmy1984":34lms7jr said:

Would love to buy one

We Are Argyle

I totally agree. They could easily have raised more funds towards the main stand or towards perhaps corners being filled at a later date.

I’d buy a brick in the new grandstand too.. Argyle missing a trick?

Apr 1, 2009
Whilst well meaning I think the idea of selling the Grandstand brick by brick is a non-runner. Yes, this would raise a few thousand pounds, but this is inconsequential in terms of the overall cost. Then you've got the cost of administering such donations and providing some sort of acknowledgement/benefit to those that have contributed. It really doesn't work.

If you are going to sell "chunks" to fans, then each fan contribution needs to be much much larger, a debenture scheme for example. I'm not saying this would work at PAFC (I don't think it would), but it has worked sometimes in contributing finance to building projects at sports grounds.

Oct 31, 2015
GreenArmy1984":3o4wl12l said:

Would love to buy one

We Are Argyle

For the first time ever I agree with GA1984!!!

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
JannerinCardiff":1gwyn9e4 said:
derbygreen":1gwyn9e4 said:
GreenArmy1984":1gwyn9e4 said:

Would love to buy one

We Are Argyle

I’d buy a brick in the new grandstand too.. Argyle missing a trick?

I’m sure a lot of fans would like to buy a brick, I have 2 and would love to buy another one for my grandson.