Argyle v Oxford v Brett Huxtable | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Oxford v Brett Huxtable

As we welcome the circus act himself back to Home Park tomorrow, thought I'd start the moaning thread before the game's even kicked off.
Think it's safe to say, he's the most incompetent, controversial ref on the circuit at the moment.

It's a case of him having to be the centre of attention for the 90 mins unfortunately.
Desperately hope I'm proved wrong, but having never seen the fella have a quiet afternoon, I'm not holding out much hope.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Hopefully it will liven up the ground and you never know it may even make the crowd more vocal, although a pin dropping in a library would also do that

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
Floyd_Pepper":xbzy6fj8 said:
As we welcome the circus act himself back to Home Park tomorrow, thought I'd start the moaning thread before the game's even kicked off.
Think it's safe to say, he's the most incompetent, controversial ref on the circuit at the moment.

It's a case of him having to be the centre of attention for the 90 mins unfortunately.
Desperately hope I'm proved wrong, but having never seen the fella have a quiet afternoon, I'm not holding out much hope.

Am I right in thinking he comes from north Devon and always goes out of his way to show he isn’t biased towards his local side ? Remember him refereee an evening game and being abysmal. Was it the orient game when the ballboy got pushed over ???

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Hopefully he has a good game although there's usually one or two crazy decisions from him.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
He ran the line for years and was useless he is far worst as a referee.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
PL2 3DQ":n8erkxjz said:
Hopefully he has a good game although there's usually one or two crazy decisions from him.

tenor.gif

Ipplepen green":t2ecawmc said:
Floyd_Pepper":t2ecawmc said:

Am I right in thinking he comes from north Devon and always goes out of his way to show he isn’t biased towards his local side ? Remember him refereee an evening game and being abysmal. Was it the orient game when the ballboy got pushed over ???

He's from North Devon, but it wasn't him involved in that Orient game. This fella is the chap who has a bit of a spare tyre around the middle & struggles to keep up.
He's been controversial pretty much every time I've seen him though. It seems to follow him around.

I notice Joey Barton, who to his credit has managed to wind his neck in so far this season - recently lost it with Huxtable after the Rovers v Fleetwood game.
No idea what it is with him, he's simply incapable of blending into the background during a game.

Barton

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
Floyd_Pepper":1q6bltcb said:
Ipplepen green":1q6bltcb said:
Floyd_Pepper":1q6bltcb said:

He's from North Devon, but it wasn't him involved in that Orient game. This fella is the chap who has a bit of a spare tyre around the middle & struggles to keep up.
He's been controversial pretty much every time I've seen him though. It seems to follow him around.

I notice Joey Barton, who to his credit has managed to wind his neck in so far this season - recently lost it with Huxtable after the Rovers v Fleetwood game.
No idea what it is with him, he's simply incapable of blending into the background during a game.

I don’t know how he gets away with it as he constantly looks about three stone over weight and has controversy whenever he takes charge of a match.

Barton

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We do. We're being punished for some reason I'm sure of it.

I've some bad referees in my time, but this idiot is up there with Gurnam Singh and Mark Cowbourn.

May 22, 2006
IJN":1lwltg7o said:

I've some bad referees in my time, but this idiot is up there with Gurnam Singh and Mark Cowbourn.

Steady on.

Feb 23, 2008
Ffs. Just when you think things can't get any worse and then Huxtable turns up.

Wasn't Chris Sarginson the Orient ref, looking straight at the ball boy that took a shove but didn't see it?

C

Cult Of Personality

What's shocking is it well know he was a member of the North Devon Exeter fans group . How the fa have a city fan do our games is shocking . Imagine if a man utd fan ref a Liverpool game or vice versa would not hear the end of it

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
IJN":34bxvky4 said:

You mean Gurnam Singh who's failure to obtain a place on the Premier League list was due to the FA being racist? :lol: :facepalm:

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
Cult Of Personality":1fuw4d9j said:
What's shocking is it well know he was a member of the North Devon Exeter fans group . How the fa have a city fan do our games is shocking . Imagine if a man utd fan ref a Liverpool game or vice versa would not hear the end of it

That's a disgrace but then again nothing surprises me from the FA. :furious: