Mo Eisa from Bristol City? (Dec 2018)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Bristol City fans are speculating that striker Mo Eisa could join Argyle on loan, especially if Ladapo departs.

Eisa played against us in the League Cup earlier this season, one of just six appearances this season and scored 25 goals for Cheltenham in League Two last season.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Why would Ladapo depart?

We need him and his value will only increase if he hits 20+ goals over the season.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Justin.

I would suggest any reasonable offer (above 350k) for Ladapo, Carey or any other player would be seriously considered to provide funds for a rebuilding in January. Fee too low? Reasoning - Ladapo has had few good months after a career with many clubs, Carey can leave for free in summer. We took money in last January for Purrington and Jake so can see a repeat.

I would also suggest we don't release anybody without having agreed a incoming deal for that position.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
PL2 3DQ":30q9bz12 said:
Bristol City fans are speculating that striker Mo Eisa could join Argyle on loan, especially if Ladapo departs.

Eisa played against us in the League Cup earlier this season, one of just six appearances this season and scored 25 goals for Cheltenham in League Two last season.

It does not exactly fill me with a bucket load of excitement to read he was declined by Norwich, Oxford and Southend before joining Cheltenham but you need to give credit for his goal scoring record at The Cherries. Southend were not even enamoured by Ladapo, so perhaps there is more to this guy after all. At least he is close to home, should he ever pitch up at Home Park. If he proves as effective as a striker as Vyner was as a defender, I am prepared to crack a smile of appreciation.

Mar 16, 2009
London
cheshiregreen":fm6jp68t said:
Justin.

I would suggest any reasonable offer (above 350k) for Ladapo, Carey or any other player would be seriously considered to provide funds for a rebuilding in January. Fee too low? Reasoning - Ladapo has had few good months after a career with many clubs, Carey can leave for free in summer. We took money in last January for Purrington and Jake so can see a repeat.

I would also suggest we don't release anybody without having agreed a incoming deal for that position.

Hi CG

Please explain to me - if Peterborough got over Ā£2.5 million (with add ons) for Jack Marriott, why would we accept Ā£350,000 for Ladapo?

I mean, I know weā€™ve always been a soft touch in the transfer market -but come on!!!! Ā£350,000 for our best player?? Weā€™re not a charity!

And why would we sell now when keeping him will

a) ensure we stay up
b) increase his value

?

I just donā€™t get the defeatism on display here.

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Pretty obviously, we would sell him now to bring in money now to rebuild the term now in the absence of any/enough funds being available now from clubā€™s owners. And we would sell him at (say) Ā£350k now because that might be all we can get now and we need the money now.

(As you will gather - the key point is that time is of the essence and the club needs a financial boost to the playing budget immediately that might not be available through any other means.)

(Actually I think we could get more for Ladapo than Ā£350k [even now] but that is just my personal opinion.)

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Justin":t6adpgft said:
cheshiregreen":t6adpgft said:
Justin.

Hi CG

Please explain to me - if Peterborough got over Ā£2.5 million (with add ons) for Jack Marriott, why would we accept Ā£350,000 for Ladapo?

I mean, I know weā€™ve always been a soft touch in the transfer market -but come on!!!! Ā£350,000 for our best player?? Weā€™re not a charity!

a) ensure we stay up
b) increase his value

?

Because Peterborough have a proven record of producing decent players and selling them on for profit.

He scored 28 goals for Luton before moving to Peterborough and then followed that up with over 30 goals for them.

Thatā€™s the difference between

Thatā€™s 2 full seasons of fantastic goal return.

Freddie has had nothing like that. He had an 11 goal spell at Margate a few years back and absolutely nothing between then and now which puts his worth/value at only what heā€™s done to date, this season as a 25 year old. Bottom end Ā£300,000 - top end Ā£500,000.

Time to get a little realistic Iā€™m afraid.

Mar 16, 2009
London
You wouldnā€™t rather rebuild the team with a few million in the summer once Ladapoā€™s goals had secured our place in league one?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Justin":1n43wzam said:
You wouldnā€™t rather rebuild the team with a few million in the summer once Ladapoā€™s goals had secured our place in league one?

His goals so far, while very welcome, haven't stopped us being bottom of the league, so there's no guarantee his proposed 20 plus goals will keep us up.

If we can sell Ladapo for Ā£350,000 to help bring in 3 or 4 quality players plus Eisa on loan we will be in a better position to avoid relegation than we are now.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Tugboat":124g6b8y said:
Justin":124g6b8y said:
cheshiregreen":124g6b8y said:
Justin.

Hi CG

a) ensure we stay up
b) increase his value

?

Because Peterborough have a proven record of producing decent players and selling them on for profit.

He scored 28 goals for Luton before moving to Peterborough and then followed that up with over 30 goals for them.

Thatā€™s the difference between

Thatā€™s 2 full seasons of fantastic goal return.

Freddie has had nothing like that. He had an 11 goal spell at Margate a few years back and absolutely nothing between then and now which puts his worth/value at only what heā€™s done to date, this season as a 25 year old. Bottom end Ā£300,000 - top end Ā£500,000.

Time to get a little realistic Iā€™m afraid.

For a start, he scored well over 20 goals for Margate in under 50 appearances.

Secondly, he was highly related enough to be snapped up by a premier league team off the back of his prodigious season with Margate.

Thirdly, heā€™d had no more than a smattering of starts on loan for a variety of struggling sides before joining Argyle.. hardly indicative of his ability or goal scoring potential.

Fortunately, we saw his potential and Adams had the vision to realise that a settled run would produce goals.

Heā€™s still young by the way. So his value will only increase.

Heā€™s 4 years of hitting the recognised peak age for a striker of
29. Heā€™s therefore got enough time to become a formidable top division striker.

He is worth way,way,way more to us than Ā£350,000.

This whole conversation is ludricrous, defeatist, anti- Argyle claptrap.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Justin":3st197o1 said:
Luckily Iā€™m not in charge but I think a few factors have to be considered.

1) Our current situation needs addressing now, not at the end of the season. If the sale of Freddie brings in 2/3 strong signings to help us then itā€™s hard to disagree with it.

2) His stock may well be at its highest this window, obviously we canā€™t see into the future as to weather he continues his goal scoring vein but if it drys up then we would have missed out on that revenue and as mentioned above a bigger problem could have been avoided by funding reinforcements.

3) I donā€™t trust Adams but ultimately itā€™s still his call. If he thinks he could replicate or even better Ladapoā€™s attributes with a decent loan signing then again, why not.

We will see.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":188xf4i6 said:
Justin":188xf4i6 said:

His goals so far, while very welcome, haven't stopped us being bottom of the league, so there's no guarantee his proposed 20 plus goals will keep us up.

If we can sell Ladapo for Ā£350,000 to help bring in 3 or 4 quality players plus Eisa on loan we will be in a better position to avoid relegation than we are now.

That was my logic too.

Given what I would describe as an enigmatic record to date (about 15 clubs in last 6 seasons mainly loans) , I can't see any suitors offering more than 350 to 400k maybe with add-on clauses because he is not the finished article as demonstrated by some of his 1 on 1 misses. With those opportunities taken, he would be near 20 goals now and his value suitably inflated above the figure I suggested.

May 22, 2006
Quintrell_Green":2nb0eaok said:
PL2 3DQ":2nb0eaok said:

It does not exactly fill me with a bucket load of excitement to read he was declined by Norwich, Oxford and Southend before joining Cheltenham but you need to give credit for his goal scoring record at The Cherries. Southend were not even enamoured by Ladapo, so perhaps there is more to this guy after all. At least he is close to home, should he ever pitch up at Home Park. If he proves as effective as a striker as Vyner was as a defender, I am prepared to crack a smile of appreciation.

City paid at least Ā£1M for Eisa, so a bit surprising he would be loaned out so soon after joining. Seem to remember that Sunderland and Peterborough were also keen to buy him. They could afford higher proportion if wages if still interested.

Eisa, similar to Lapado came from non league. Dulwich? He did very well in his first season in L2. Cheltenham would love him back on loan but the Johnson connection has gone. Cheltenham are the Robins, so he went from the Robins to the Robins. Cherries used to be Bournemouth in old school nicknames but many have changed. Reading are still The Biscuitmen and Leeds, that Peacocks in my world.

Jul 12, 2016
Ladapo has none nothing in the last two games so his form may have already dipped. Can't see any club offering a sizeable fee for a striker who still has a lot to prove.

Mar 16, 2009
London
pastiesforlife":189s2e08 said:
Quintrell_Green":189s2e08 said:
PL2 3DQ":189s2e08 said:

City paid at least Ā£1M for Eisa, so a bit surprising he would be loaned out so soon after joining. Seem to remember that Sunderland and Peterborough were also keen to buy him. They could afford higher proportion if wages if still interested.

Eisa, similar to Lapado came from non league. Dulwich? He did very well in his first season in L2. Cheltenham would love him back on loan but the Johnson connection has gone. Cheltenham are the Robins, so he went from the Robins to the Robins. Cherries used to be Bournemouth in old school nicknames but many have changed. Reading are still The Biscuitmen and Leeds, that Peacocks in my world.

So Eisa went for Ā£1 million after scoring some goals in league 2.

Yet weā€™re speculating that Ladapo could be sold for just Ā£350,000?

Itā€™s really not going to happen.