Something to aspire to | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Something to aspire to

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not for me either. Stupid club, run by fans blah blah blah.

Always looked like deck chairs to me.

Pass.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Thing is they have to sell their best youngsters, that’s the only way they can make any money.. little selling club that look like toothpaste..

Aug 5, 2015
Another “story” by Exeter’s “finest” no doubt. Still I’m sure there’ll be a few on here who’ll say they have it right - no names no pack drill Mark Matthews

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Impressive.

Exeter City have had much better success in developing young talent in recent years.

It would be interesting to see the stats on how many of our youngsters have broken through in recent years, compared to other teams of a comparable standing in Leagues One and Two.

I would like to see this become more of a focus for us in years to come.

Aug 5, 2015
Except we’re in a higher division despite their “success”. I’m sure everyone from the manager down would be delighted if another Mike Bickle or Micky Evans emerged. There’s no point in playing local lads just for the sake of it. They have to be good enough first.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Kentishgreen":3vvd51v7 said:
Except we’re in a higher division despite their “success”. I’m sure everyone from the manager down would be delighted if another Mike Bickle or Micky Evans emerged. There’s no point in playing local lads just for the sake of it. They have to be good enough first.
our young players rarely get a chance.well done exeter i say.

Aug 5, 2015
It appears to have become a Pasoti fact that the manager is not interested in our young players. As the above article states he has given debuts to 11 youngsters in the last three years. How many more do you want exactly?
The really sad thing is that apart from Ben Purrington none of them have gone on to establish themselves in the first team squad. They have to be good enough and being local is not necessarily good enough.

May 16, 2016
Is there also a case for the argument that (financially) until recently, Exeter might have had little choice other than fielding their own Youngsters ?

Guiri Green":1kgv6amb said:
Is there also a case for the argument that (financially) until recently, Exeter might have had little choice other than fielding their own Youngsters ?

Spot on. With gates averaging just over 3000 they really have no choice. Much as I dislike them it would be very perverse not to admit this policy has worked well for them.

Aug 5, 2015
Yes it works very well if you’re prepared to risk a spell outside the FL when your youngsters aren’t good enough for L2. But fair play they’ve unearthed a few recently just as we have done in the past and will in the future no doubt.

Sep 6, 2006
Kentishgreen":2rggriu7 said:
It appears to have become a Pasoti fact that the manager is not interested in our young players. As the above article states he has given debuts to 11 youngsters in the last three years. How many more do you want exactly?
The really sad thing is that apart from Ben Purrington none of them have gone on to establish themselves in the first team squad. They have to be good enough and being local is not necessarily good enough.

Yes but the question is why havent they been good enough. Why are we not finding the likes of Ampadu? I know that's an extreme example but I would like to know the history on that one. Comments above about them looking like toothpaste, deckchairs etc are just childish.