Chairman's Chat No.1 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Chairman's Chat No.1

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 30, 2004
Very selective is our chairman...doesn't mention at all about our performance in the checkatrade or indeed the caribou cup...nor our woeful position in league division 1...

Stuart House

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
I thought that was well written.

Under Brent I thought too often he waffled a lot of 'corporate language'.

That read as one fan talking to another in plain English.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 30, 2004
Nope the chairman is being very selective in what he chooses to write about and things he doesn't....

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 30, 2004
I'm in the U S of A ...I couldn't possibly comment on our league position...

nikkk

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Feb 8, 2011
Just a couple of sentences about the first team .... Lots of corporate stuff, ... Not for me to say but i'd be wary of that Simon ... I know what us fans are interested in hearing, and it is not "brighter colours in the horseshoe".

Aug 5, 2015
Iā€™m surprised we havenā€™t heard more from the transparency brigade who want to know the ins and outs of a catā€™s ass.

nikkk

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Feb 8, 2011
I want to hear that you are concerned with our league position and you will do everything in your power to get us up the league. A successful Argyle first team ... first and foremost. Bollocks to everything else for a minute.

May 8, 2011
nikkk":13g1hjcd said:
I want to hear that you are concerned with our league position and you will do everything in your power to get us up the league. A successful Argyle first team ... first and foremost. Bollocks to everything else for a minute.

Doesnā€™t he say that by implying that Derek can come to the Board and ask for more resources and that he wants to see Argyle promoted?

Not sure what else a Chairman can do really.

nikkk

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Feb 8, 2011
HC Green":19f823je said:
nikkk":19f823je said:

Doesnā€™t he say that by implying that Derek can come to the Board and ask for more resources and that he wants to see Argyle promoted?

Not sure what else a Chairman can do really.

This was an opportunity to set his stall out. A keynote speech if you will. I'm disappointed but I doubt he will be concerned what I might think !

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
nikkk":23ag09ls said:

I think if we were bottom AND still being dismantled every week, thereā€™d have to be an acknowledgement of that and a reassurance that things are being done.

As it is, thereā€™s a definite sense that weā€™re now on the right track, weā€™re top 10 in the form table, 3 wins in the last four (proper) games and a bit of a feel good atmosphere emerging. So itā€™s not necessary in my view.