When was the last time... (postponed game) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

When was the last time... (postponed game)

D

Diddyman 1983

Yesterday lunchtime as I got out of my car and walked to the ground to start work the heavens suddenly opened and I was thoroughly drenched by a truly tropical downpour. Given the amount of rain we had in Plymouth prior to Saturday, this made me wonder when was the last time a game at Home Park was postponed because of the weather? I have worked at the club since February 2004 and can recall a handful of fixtures being postponed since then, but obviously not for a long time now thanks to our superb playing surface and the staff who look after it. Do any stattos out there know the answer to this? Was just curious.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Last abandoned game was v Barnsley I think and Leicester City before that.

The last postponed I can remember was Bristol City in the Cider Man's promotion year, but there MUST be later ones that that,.

Oct 14, 2015
Remember going to Kiddiminster for a Cup game which was abandoned because of fog if my memory serves me right....90s I think

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
,Scunthorpe away was the last postponed game...however at home it was against Barnsley

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Driscol says there's been a game in the last few seasons which was postponed.

Jun 24, 2008
Blimey, that Barnsley game was memorable. If memory is serving me right, weren't we losing 4-1 or by a similar scoreline? And then not get a point from the rearranged game?

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
The Bristol City game was called off very late, we were walking to the ground when a policeman told us it had just been called off. Worked out well as we clinched promotion in the rearranged game. The Leicester game was abandoned at half time after torrential rain all first half. But when was the last postponed game at home ?

Horsley Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 21, 2003
West Horsley
I remember going to Notts County to find the game called off because of a frozen pitch. I also went to Kidderminster when the game was postponed because of fog. The worst one was when I drove 150 miles to Plymouth for a home match only to hear the game was off just as I approached Marsh Mills. I drove straight around the roundabout and drove 150 miles home. I cannot recall who we were meant to play that day.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Kiddy wasn't postponed CG, it was abandoned, thickest fog I've ever see. I stayed in an hotel in Shrewsbury that night and that trip was true nightmare.

Jan 6, 2007
Chobham Green":2zj4l4u4 said:
I remember going to Notts County to find the game called off because of a frozen pitch. I also went to Kidderminster when the game was postponed because of fog. The worst one was when I drove 150 miles to Plymouth for a home match only to hear the game was off just as I approached Marsh Mills. I drove straight around the roundabout and drove 150 miles home. I cannot recall who we were meant to play that day.
I went to that Notts County game, it was a Christmas game mid 90's, and as we got to the ground we were told it had just been postponed, ironically we then decided to go to Kidderminster who were at home to Bath, a certain lee Hughes was up front for Kiddy and they scored 6 if memory serves.
I also went to the cup replay at Kidderminster which was called off at half time for fog, couldn't see the goal at the other end for the entire half.

Feb 28, 2016
Remember both the Leicester (never been wetter, my fags took a week to dry out! And the controversy over waiting until the end of HT to announce to the crowd it was off for optimum sales of pasties and Brovrils,) and Barnsley postponements.

However I’m sure a more recent(07-09 era) happened, remember leaving Plymstock with the game still on, parking up, getting pasties, walking up to the DE, with a notice stuck to the turnstiles and a sole steward telling people of the postponement. Must have been January as I remember going home and watching (Pretty sure, Tony O Shea’) in the Semi of the world darts championships!