Family claim they were assaulted by stewards @ Gill's match | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Family claim they were assaulted by stewards @ Gill's match

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Sorry, I would read the story but I havnt got the 20 mins required to wait for the Herald story to load, reload, reload etc. What an awful site it has become!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Check your settings.

Opened, read and closed...inside a couple of minutes.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
I know Jason, and believe me you couldn't meet a nicer person, he only stepped over the empty seat in front of him to get to the loo. People on here might have seen him at home park, sometimes in fancy dress, last season Dressed in a giant heart outfit giving out sweets, collecting for charity. Some of the stewards I believe are showing off in front of the board, because this incident was in full view of them. I don't see them sorting out the hundreds of fans standing at the back of the same block though. Jason has been a season ticket holder for many years, and I fear he will be lost to the egg chasers down the road. Argyle need to look at this, and get rid of a couple of the bar stewards, who are representing the club after all.

Oct 16, 2016
Stewards foremost duty is the safety of those within and around the stadium (dependant on their area of responsibility)

What’s lost on these clowns is the SIA badge on their arms

C

Cult Of Personality

Stewards in and around Block 14 always heavy handed .feel sorry for the family. The family left the Sunderland game quietly btw no trouble

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
In defence of the stewards and having spoken to a few recently around block 14, they are always polite and friendly.

They may be kicking you out (not me personally, yet) but they are at pains to make it clear the actions they are taking are not their decisions, but on direct orders from higher up in the club itself.

It's not the stewards that need retraining but the club who need perhaps to employ a more pragmatic and less antagonistic policy.

May 16, 2016
How come they were ejected again at the Sunderland match ? As if once wasn't bad enough for all parties involved.

Oct 14, 2015
One week our stewards are being congratulated by Sunderlands fans for the way they handled their large support and the manner in which they applauded their coaches when they left the ground after the game and then the following week this storey comes to light. So far, despite the OP asking if anyone witnessed the event, no one has posted anything to clarify matters and whilst I accept there are stewards who may need extra training in regards to how they handle situations there are always two sides to every storey. There has to be more to this then the teenagers just climbing over the seats surely?. I see it done most weeks and my own son has done it over the years and we've never been kicked out. Must be CCTV evidence available??

Jan 27, 2012
In the past, the club have employed criminals who have been imprisoned for violent assaults. I wont name them, but back in the day they were individuals who cropped up in the Herald crime section quite regularly. I think they were managed by a fella who was also a jailbird. I'm sure some people on PASOTI know who I am talking about.

I can't comment on the current bunch of stewards. When I have had reason to speak to them they seem OK in the area where I sit, but I get the impression that a small minority of them are still out looking for trouble.

Aug 4, 2011
One by one argyle are alienating the loyal fan base. I’ve met Jason several times and he is as loyal and passionate as they come. Not the sort of fan we want to lose

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
They are alienating people. I know alot of people that have been kicked out for standing or other minor issues this season. All on instruction from above apparently.

If you want to sit in a sole less stadium watching the game then so be it, because that's the way its going. The atmosphere is being destroyed.

And a lot of it does stem from complaints from those who previously sat in the grandstand and are not used to their current surroundings.

Rightly or wrongly this is diluting the atmosphere, and making many feeling alienated in the respect that their match day experience has had to change because of their new neighbours.