Advertising | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Advertising

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Gaddy and I have spent considerable time talking to advertisers about this site.

We are attempting to ramp up the revenue this site earns, as we feel that the number of hits etc, should perhaps enable us to a) Gain more monies for Argyle related stuff (Senior Greens, 50/50, PACSA, PADSA etc) without keep on having to ask our members for donations etc. It's hard work arranging the stuff I do, if we can get those sorts of amounts out of advertisers that would be good thing we feel.

Also hosting and security costs money, and again this can enable us to look at those issues and come up with something different and better than we have at the moment.

So, we are trying all sorts of things at the moment, there will be NO pop ups, you have our word on that, there will be no 'adult' adverts, you have our word on that, but there will be more adverts. We may even have the odd Hotpoint fridge running up and down the side of your screen, but nothing that will impinge on our actual forums. As s I say though, we are trying a lot of various options over the next few weeks so please bear with us.

To our current local advertisers the frequency your adverts appear are now way, way above what I promised you when we agreed our deal, so it's a win win situation all around. :thumbup:

If anyone has any problems please PM me (no point with Gaddy as he'll never answer :greensmile:) or Posty.

As I have previously said, we are looking at all singing all dancing sites, and there will be something new along in 2019 which will be 21st Century. :thumbup:

If anyone should see a rogue pop up, please grab a screenshot of it and e mail it to me. Thanks!

There is rogue 'Primark Prize' rogue that has got in and our advertising partners are on it like a rash again I promise you, this is not part of our plan and is very much unwanted by both parties.

Aug 4, 2011
I don’t mind the small banner pop ads but I’ve had 2 intrusive ones leading to a page to “claim my prize”.

Ian states there would be no pop up ads but I’ve had 2 already. It’s a reason I no longer use the herald site

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
The pop up ads are not supposed to be there. Ian has reported it to the provider and they are dealing with it.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Getting google prize page pop up today. Yesterday was Primark

May 22, 2006
One of the ads just auto-played a video. As I'm on a limited data contract for the phone it's going to have to be ad-block from now on.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The rogue advert will be removed within the hour.

As we have promised we have not signed up for anything that is intrusive.

The company have apologised and are as gutted as we are this one has piggy backed in (illegally) on normal adverts.

Have no fear, we will not become another Herald. It is simply a teething problem that we can rectify by communicating with our new partner. Have faith! It will be sorted very soon.

Lesmin

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2011
Just had a pop up from google now I’ll email them to you ian

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Thanks pal. I am awaiting news that the rogue has now been found and deleted.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I find I have developed advertising blindness. I couldn’t tell you one advert that has been put in front of me on a screen in the last 24 hours. That’s not good news for advertisers and maybe their messages are getting to me subconsciously but I believe it’s a reaction to being bombarded too much.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Perhaps you should leave the site then. After all, it is for Argyle fans.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Lundan Cabbie":rltdxv0k said:
I find I have developed advertising blindness. I couldn’t tell you one advert that has been put in front of me on a screen in the last 24 hours. That’s not good news for advertisers and maybe their messages are getting to me subconsciously but I believe it’s a reaction to being bombarded too much.

Not just adverts that you overlook you can't see when a referee has got a call wrong or just been inept, either that or your just a bolshy cockney trying to rub up up the locals.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Adam_R":pus1t1np said:
What happened to all the single Russian girls living just down the road from me??

They married a load of rich Nigerians who banked the cheques that you were owed in that family bequest that you never claimed!