I feel for Adams.......but | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

I feel for Adams.......but

Mar 23, 2013
I genuinely didn’t like the scenes yesterday and didnt take part.....but I also support the people that did it....your certainly not yobs.......i had a mate come yesterday who can’t afford to come regularly and actually borrowed the ticket money of his daughter to go......he booed and I don’t blame him....... I feel Adams has done superbly to get us where we are but he just looks out of his depth......he should be applauded for what he’s done but it’s time for someone else.
This inexperienced board are largely to blame....giving him a 5 year deal was crazy....it’s left us all in trouble .....we probably can’t afford to pay him off so he will probably take us down....at this moment I would rather they stopped working on the stand if it meant freeing up funds for a new manager.
I remember before the start of lasts season he said “ I don’t see much difference between league 1 and 2 that to me shows he’s clueless at this level.
I do not want to watch us going down this season .....so Sorry but he has to go....ASAP.
And if it was Brent who sanctioned that 5 year deal....then he should hang his head in shame.
P.s writing this has made me realise how down and peed off I am about the quality of football I’m watching and the prospect of relaxation .
Anyway moan over and goodbye

L

luckycoopertupac23

One person is not bigger than this club, his comments yesterday show he thinks he is, not only about fans/yobs but also about his record, 3rd best so far at Argyle and 5th longest in this league, the guy is deluded and so are some of the Green Tints on here :thumbdown:

Mar 23, 2013
luckycoopertupac23":30lmqfn5 said:
One person is not bigger than this club, his comments yesterday show he thinks he is, not only about fans/yobs but also about his record, 3rd best so far at Argyle and 5th longest in this league, the guy is deluded and so are some of the Green Tints on here :thumbdown:

Firm but fair .

Aug 11, 2013
I think most supporters were delighted he’d signed a 3 year extension. Given in 2 years in league 2 we reached the Wembley playoffs followed by runners up. There then followed an incredible run of form in his first season in league 1 which saw us just miss out on the playoffs - which we’d have surely reached without key injuries. This coming after remarkable success with an unfashionable Scottish club. And all without much of a budget. So in June you’d have been mad not to be thinking about a contract extension. Hindsight is a wonderful thing - but at the time I thought this was a very shrewd move. In fact most people I talked to thought the same because there must have been clubs sniffing around thinking he’d be good for them. I wonder whether he may have turned down offers and remained loyal to us - that would stick in his throat right now.

He has I admit made a lot of mistakes.

Sacking Craig Brewster - probably his worst decision (including the manner of it).
Not adjusting our wage structure to keep Sonny - it was a couple of hundred a week more (admittedly to an already generous increase) that’s all.
Summer recruitment - but he probably put trust in his scout
Inflexible tactics
Might be too authoritarian at times - some players need an arm around them rather than being balled out
Letting Luke go.

But all managers make mistakes and even the best managers have bad spells. It feels like one player like a Toums could turn this bad spell around.

Sep 6, 2006
finegreen":1loh9i12 said:
I genuinely didn’t like the scenes yesterday and didnt take part.....but I also support the people that did it....your certainly not yobs.......i had a mate come yesterday who can’t afford to come regularly and actually borrowed the ticket money of his daughter to go......he booed and I don’t blame him....... I feel Adams has done superbly to get us where we are but he just looks out of his depth......he should be applauded for what he’s done but it’s time for someone else.
This inexperienced board are largely to blame....giving him a 5 year deal was crazy....it’s left us all in trouble .....we probably can’t afford to pay him off so he will probably take us down....at this moment I would rather they stopped working on the stand if it meant freeing up funds for a new manager.
I remember before the start of lasts season he said “ I don’t see much difference between league 1 and 2 that to me shows he’s clueless at this level.
I do not want to watch us going down this season .....so Sorry but he has to go....ASAP.
And if it was Brent who sanctioned that 5 year deal....then he should hang his head in shame.
P.s writing this has made me realise how down and peed off I am about the quality of football I’m watching and the prospect of relaxation .

Think what you are saying. 'He has done superbly to get us where we are'!!! Are you serious? Bottom of League 1 and probably an inferior team to the one he took over.

Jul 6, 2011
I think what you have is a very pi55ed off man who knows his team is better than they are currently playing.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
He did superbly to get us where we were at the end of last season.

He's now doing a fine attempt at ruining everything he's done for us in the previous 3 years.

Sep 6, 2006
briangreen":2q3t9dbz said:
I think what you have is a very pi55ed off man who knows his team is better than they are currently playing.

If that is true and not sure it is with our keystone cops defence then it is due to poor management.

Aug 11, 2013
Balham_Green":ki3m5mar said:
finegreen":ki3m5mar said:

Think what you are saying. 'He has done superbly to get us where we are'!!! Are you serious? Bottom of League 1 and probably an inferior team to the one he took over.

You’ve set your stall out in your posts Balham. I respect your different view - just don’t share it. That’s life.

Aug 10, 2006
madness to give a manager a 5 year contract at this level and also to give him the run of the club, why have a ceo and a secretary if he is doing every thing at the club.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Balham_Green":2l3dzie4 said:
finegreen":2l3dzie4 said:

When did we finish a season under Adams bottom of a table?

May 8, 2011
loyal1970":cxgm4fqs said:
madness to give a manager a 5 year contract at this level and also to give him the run of the club, why have a ceo and a secretary if he is doing every thing at the club.

He isn’t doing everything at the Club, just on the playing side.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
loyal1970":32nbzez8 said:

Because he was the only person at the club with any real ‘footballing’ credentials.

It’s like a head chef taking over a scaffolding company with a decent foreman already there. He’s naturally going to take on more responsibility through his experience.

The problem is that responsibility has stayed with DA and i think it’s been detrimental in the way he hasn’t had real pressure pushing him and also he’s got more to deal with on a daily/weekly basis that takes time away from his main job of coaching the team and staff.

If we don’t sack him them the structure of the club needs the biggest investment that supports what we are doing. It’s all a bit shoe string and thread bare at the minute.

Only then can we sort out the mess on the pitch.

May 8, 2011
The main issue at the moment is that because Adams lives by a high moral code where respect for others, manners and loyalty are extremely important he finds yobbish behaviour and rudeness unacceptable and will say so.