What a mess... | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What a mess...

Dec 22, 2015
What a mess we are...

Firstly what happened with Felwick... I was delighted we had someone with a footballing brain running the management of the club. But what has happened that he now isn’t going to take the role? Family? Health or simply that he doesn’t have the honest backing from the owner or new owner.

Derek Adams... I really appreciate everything this guy has done, but he has completely lost the biscuit. Has no financial backing from the board and has signed a bunch of hopeless footballers. I’ve been saying to the guys around me that I don’t always think that sacking the manager is the best course of action. Adding a new coach or coaches I think gives a few new sets of eyes to help the side. Also surely a cheaper option than first sacking him straight away.
The youth team... I’ve not seen much of them but I can’t Imagine that they’re much worse than the lads that make up the first team. Wooton, Grant, Canavan, O’Keefe, Ainsworth, Wylde, Dyson & Ladapo these guys are on pro wages. If you take Wooton, Ainsworth, Dyson and Ladapo and combine their wages you must be looking at 5k probably more... that 5k could of been given to a 1 better defender and 1 good striker. Are we honestly saying that Bentley, Sanster, Battle and Fletcher aren’t as good and could be back up to the first team?

I don’t see anyway forward with Adams, but also see the opposite side of the “Adams in” fans. Who could we get? Can we financially back them? What will change? I honestly don’t see what the board can do? Paying him off isn’t great and he definitely isn’t stepping down.

Personally I think he should be sacked, but I don’t see what we can do!

Apr 9, 2011
Yep agree entirely we have dug our selves into a right hole from whichever angle you look at it . We seem to be in a mess top to bottom . just hope somehow we can dig ourselves out

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Also disappointed with the Felwick news, but in what way does he have a footballing brain? His background is in the RAF and retail, though I could be missing something.

And just because Wylde, Ainsworth et al might not be up to League 1 football, it doesn’t mean the youth team can’t be any worse. There are several tiers of quality beneath League 1 that our young players may or may not fall into.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Most manager quite often bring their own proven coaching staff from previous jobs.

Derek Adams didn't do that (except maybe Brewster ?) and has used the existing set up that was available at Argyle.

With Adams spreading himself more thinly being totally in charge of all levels of the clubs football out put, is not now the time to bring in other coaching staff who have experienced other ways of getting results.

Getting results must come before being loyal to existing coaches....who at present cannot teach players the basics of defending set pieces.

Oct 16, 2016
Princerock":3inoh90f said:
Most manager quite often bring their own proven coaching staff from previous jobs.

Derek Adams didn't do that (except maybe Brewster ?) and has used the existing set up that was available at Argyle.

With Adams spreading himself more thinly being totally in charge of all levels of the clubs football out put, is not now the time to bring in other coaching staff who have experienced other ways of getting results.

Getting results must come before being loyal to existing coaches....who at present cannot teach players the basics of defending set pieces.

You can’t polish a turd

The players simply aren’t good enough (collective)