Negativity | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Negativity

J

janboy1234

I sat in the Devonport End with my 8 year old son today and I was embarrassed what grown men were shouting out today. Yes I know the team are playing bad. Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion when we watch our beloved team but for gods sake try and encourage the positive things on the pitch rather that shout and scream about the negatives. Screaming and shouting at GW as soon as heā€™s come on is only going to make him feel like dirt. Screaming and shouting at DA after the match had finished achieves nothing. If your going to make a big impact on players then just praise the ones who have just put in a shift. That happened for FL today and he will be encouraged to think heā€™d had a good game because of it. Cheer the players that have played well and hopefully they will all aspire to be cheered. Thatā€™s how to get the best out of our players. Thatā€™s how we are going to get out of this mess. The FA have a new catchphrase and itā€™s so true. ā€œWe only do Positiveā€ itā€™s working wonders for our England team. Plymouth Argyle are no different. Please stop all this negativity and only encourage the positives.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
janboy1234":34eofsnq said:
I sat in the Devonport End with my 8 year old son today and I was embarrassed what grown men were shouting out today. Yes I know the team are playing bad. Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion when we watch our beloved team but for gods sake try and encourage the positive things on the pitch rather that shout and scream about the negatives. Screaming and shouting at GW as soon as heā€™s come on is only going to make him feel like dirt. Screaming and shouting at DA after the match had finished achieves nothing. If your going to make a big impact on players then just praise the ones who have just put in a shift. That happened for FL today and he will be encouraged to think heā€™d had a good game because of it. Cheer the players that have played well and hopefully they will all aspire to be cheered. Thatā€™s how to get the best out of our players. Thatā€™s how we are going to get out of this mess. The FA have a new catchphrase and itā€™s so true. ā€œWe only do Positiveā€ itā€™s working wonders for our England team. Plymouth Argyle are no different. Please stop all this negativity and only encourage the positives.
i didn't boo the players and i thought freddie was very poor despite his two well taken goals.he,along with the defence and the poor goalkeeping have cost us three points.there are no positives.

Apr 5, 2008
One win all season,bottom of the league ,cant defend,and you wonder why so much negativity.

You cannot be serious :facepalm:

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
moles40":3mm33u5v said:
One win all season,bottom of the league ,cant defend,and you wonder why so much negativity.

Carful, youā€™ll be classed as s coward/yob and told to have some respect soon.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
There's a pair who sit near me who constantly shout out. From the first kick of the ball to the final whistle. Every kick of the ball, every pass, cross, challenge is moaned about. A lot of the time a cross is met with a shout of 'why did you do that', even before they've seen where the cross is going, and on a few occasions, the ball has ended up in the back of the net. Against Wimbledon they moaned about the short corner, the one from which Freddy scored the winner. The strange about it is that when we do score, they don't jump up and cheer or clap, they sit there looking like someone's pi$$ed on their chips!

I understand that things are bad at the moment, people are bound to shout out at what they see and emotions will boil over at times. This isn't the case with these guys, though, it's been going on for years. Every match, regardless of what's going on on the pitch, shout, moan, shout, moan etc. Listening to that every match regardless really drains you and saps any enjoyment you get from the game.

Oct 31, 2015
moles40":21ge4btt said:

Well said that man :) :) :)

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Anyone who sarcastically applauded Macey deserves to be called far worse than a yob in my opinion.

Wylde, that's a different kettle of fish, because he simply wasn't trying very hard.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
GreenThing":2f04t2kq said:
There's a pair who sit near me who constantly shout out. From the first kick of the ball to the final whistle. Every kick of the ball, every pass, cross, challenge is moaned about. A lot of the time a cross is met with a shout of 'why did you do that', even before they've seen where the cross is going, and on a few occasions, the ball has ended up in the back of the net. Against Wimbledon they moaned about the short corner, the one from which Freddy scored the winner. The strange about it is that when we do score, they don't jump up and cheer or clap, they sit there looking like someone's pi$$ed on their chips!

I understand that things are bad at the moment, people are bound to shout out at what they see and emotions will boil over at times. This isn't the case with these guys, though, it's been going on for years. Every match, regardless of what's going on on the pitch, shout, moan, shout, moan etc. Listening to that every match regardless really drains you and saps any enjoyment you get from the game.
Sad thing is, pretty sure I know exactly who you are referring to. They are hilariously out of touch.

Edit - not actually as it turns out, I was thinking of the two guys LG was referring to. Always good for a laugh!

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I donā€™t condone the negativity, but surely with one of the worst starts in our history and poor form at the end of last season fans have put up with enough.

If the fans want Adams to go unfortunately it will take being vocal for the board to realise this.

justanotherfan

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Too much negativity, hear hear. I am positive, positive that on current trend we WILL be relegated, now come on fellow fans let`s stop all the negative thinking. :twisted:

Sep 6, 2006
Come on chaps play up play the game. Jolly hard luck. Poor chaps doing their best. And thst nice man Derek. He is only on a 5 year tasty contract. Poor chap.

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
GreenThing":14nfc3vw said:

There used to be a couple of old fella's at the back of block 1 just like that when we used to have our ST's over there.
I expect their blood groups would be negative too.

Oct 16, 2016
GreenThing":13fgd7bs said:

Would you happen to be in Block 10

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Shankster":1p40c0z4 said:
GreenThing":1p40c0z4 said:

Would you happen to be in Block 10

Yes.