Ryan Edwards | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Edwards

Jul 6, 2011
Has Ryan come back too soon?
It seems disingenuous to suggest dropping the man after everything he's been through, but he's put in some lack luster performances lately which have contributed to our current situation.
I think it would be good for the man to have some time out to properly recover his energy levels, strength and sharpness. I applaud his passion to get back involved, but just feel he needs more time.
I know its not all his fault, many others have to hold their hand up, but come the end the club has to come into the equation as well.

Agree sadly. He needs dropping. We have no pace at the back either which isn’t helping. DA keeps going on about mistakes at the back, well change it then! Canavan needs to come back in. Edwards just needs more time, think this level is too much now for him. Young Bentley surely must be knocking on the door?

Oct 31, 2015
Eddy has never been Lg1 standard even before his illness in my opinion.

What about Yan at right CB. Thats where he played when we signed him?

Oct 14, 2015
The last 8-10 minutes yesterday, after Burton had scored their winner, Ryan was a nervous wreck. Simple passes going astray and you could see he was a player with absolute no confidence. If I can see it then so can our manager. If he had any common sense he'll leave him out Tuesday. Unfair on the lad...

R

rdr123

Seems half the player he used to be alongside Bradley. Obviously he has been through a lot and it's great that he made a speedy recovery but it isn't working. The problem is how can he be dropped when there isn't anyone to take his place?

Oct 16, 2016
He’s diabolical. Sentiment has skewed minds. What he survived and fought last year showed a man of great character, as a man I have a lot of respect for him he seems a great guy but he’s shocking

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
rsp4":gz7102pf said:
Eddy has never been Lg1 standard even before his illness in my opinion.

What about Yan at right CB. Thats where he played when we signed him?

Yep that is our best option after the next 2 games.

Feb 23, 2008
Didn't our form pick up once Vyner was here alongside Bradley?

I'm not saying that's Eddie's fault, but wasn't there a consensus that he and Bradley were too similar a player and someone with pace was a better fit alongside a typical CB type?

Jul 6, 2011
chunkymonkey78":1bd8espj said:
Didn't our form pick up once Vyner was here alongside Bradley?

I'm not saying that's Eddie's fault, but wasn't there a consensus that he and Bradley were too similar a player and someone with pace was a better fit alongside a typical CB type?

A Curtis type player alongside Grant would be ideal, but they are few and far between. I would say Canavan and Grant for the moment.
Ryan is a good player who looks a bit shaky atm. I think he's L1 when he's at his best and he will get back to that standard, Adams needs to recognise despite the player saying he's alright he needs time out.
Ryan needs unrestrained passion, roar like a lion and gain that take no prisoners approach. That confidence will soon come back.

C

Cult Of Personality

Was always going to struggle this year with what happened. I feel he needs to get a season under his belt for him to become a strong player again. Unfortunately we cant carry him at this moment and he is getting ripped to pieces

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I don't think he was ever good enough unfortunately. I also don't really understand where the idea that him & Bradley were a good partnership has come from, if I remember rightly for the majority of their time together we were shipping goals & bottom of the league.

I've got nothing but respect for Edwards & his character, but he needs dropping.

I'd like to see Grant & Canavan on Tuesday.

Feb 23, 2008
From what little I've seen of Canavan I'm not sure he's the answer either....I think it's possible people are saying Canavan because Wootton is the alternative, myself included.

I just can't believe the same mistake has been made again this season. No pace at the back.

Until we get a midfield that isn't so easily bypassed and a striker that holds the ball up better than Freddie does then I think any CB will struggle to be honest.

Mar 8, 2016
Songo and grant as a pairing maybe?? To be honest they’re all poo centre backs that we have. So it’s six and two three’s really.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Songo’o at CB is not the solution to our problems.