What Adams should do next | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What Adams should do next

Jun 2, 2016
Presuming he isn't sacked....

(1) Be honest. Publicly state we are in a relegation battle. Admit he's got a lot wrong. Hes still blaming bad luck etc.
(2) Ask the fans to get behind the team and him. But only after doing (1)

He has come across as distant, arrogant and somewhat deluded recently. Until he admits there's a problem, he won't get the support he's asking for.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Dec 2, 2010
He has played right into Gillingham's hands.

He needs to show more respect for the fans and he should be recognising their right to boo him and the team off but imploring them to get behind the team. If we followed his logic, no one would ever get sacked!

It isn't about yesterday, it's about today and tomorrow. He has taken us from L2 promotion hopefuls to L1 basement via 7th. That is not a major achievement. Major achievement is what Coleman is doing at Accrington. This is not even meeting realistic expectations!

Even if we survive, the arrogance of the man will be beyond belief.

What The Board should be doing is realising that. And what Derek should be doing next is looking for another job.

May 8, 2011
He will be taking a training session tomorrow morning in preparation for tuesday’s game.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
If I was Adams I'd be considering a different formation to solve the defensive crisis. We need someone to lead the back line. The two full-backs are young and need direction - it's no wonder they go walkabout at times. I don't see anyone managing the line or instructing from the back.

I have no idea if he's played in defence at all, but Ness strikes me as someone who could do this job in a kind of sweeper role alongside two centre-halves. That means a change in formation - it might be perceived as negative but we must fix the leak first.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Adams needs to drop Macey, O'Keefe and sadly Edwards for the game against Gillingham.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Long walk, short pier?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":1wji5ppr said:
Adams needs to drop Macey, O'Keefe and sadly Edwards for the game against Gillingham.

For who though?

O'Keefe for Ness is an obvious swap but who comes in for Edwards and Macey? Caravan and Letheren :sigh:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ollieargyle9":1zq9g9nv said:
PL2 3DQ":1zq9g9nv said:

For who though?

O'Keefe for Ness is an obvious swap but who comes in for Edwards and Macey? Caravan and Letheren :sigh:

Yes that will do. :sigh:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Letheren good god no

O'Keefe was OK today

Edwards - shame but he has to be replaced.

Adams is the one that needs to go. Anything else is just shuffling deckchairs

Feb 23, 2008
Frank_Butcher":4z38uq2y said:
If I was Adams I'd be considering a different formation to solve the defensive crisis. We need someone to lead the back line. The two full-backs are young and need direction - it's no wonder they go walkabout at times. I don't see anyone managing the line or instructing from the back.

I have no idea if he's played in defence at all, but Ness strikes me as someone who could do this job in a kind of sweeper role alongside two centre-halves. That means a change in formation - it might be perceived as negative but we must fix the leak first.

I'd say songo'o would play that sort of role better, maybe as a CDM that could slot into a back three when playing defensively then push forward into DM when we go forward?