Gregg Wylde | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Gregg Wylde

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Didn't understand the boos for taking Lameiras off today as I thought he was very poor 2nd half. However, I don't get why his replacement wasn't Joel Grant? I've said for a couple of years that Gregg Wylde is the worst player I've ever seen play for argyle (I mean regular players, not loanees or those that never really made it argyle *cough* Taribo West) and today he took that to a whole new level. I've never seen anyone not only put in such a bad shift, but to be so disinterested and really not care about it. I for one hope that he never pulls on the green shirt again!

May 16, 2016
JimC":1qlkl0te said:
Didn't understand the boos for taking Lameiras off today as I thought he was very poor 2nd half. However, I don't get why his replacement wasn't Joel Grant? I've said for a couple of years that Gregg Wylde is the worst player I've ever seen play for argyle and today he took that to a whole new level. I've never seen anyone not only put in such a bad shift, but to be so disinterested and really not care about it. I for one hope that he never pulls on the green shirt again!

The commentary Team were less than complimentary about his contribution to the cause.

However, when you never get to play, and know the support are likely to be ready to crucify you from the first minute you step onto the pitch, you ain't going to be too bothered are you ?

Apr 12, 2016
Reuben didn't have a great game to be fair. The substitution wasn't helped by Wylde making more than a couple of errors in the few minutes after coming on.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
There is a difference between making a couple of errors, and not even attempting to do the correct thing in the first place.

If he is bothered by what the fans think of him, maybe he should occasionally try doing something to justify him being a professional footballer.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
He was poor but he wasn't the worst today. I assume Reuben was injured. Don't think Grant would have come on and done any better.

Feb 23, 2008
Very abject performance today, he seemed to have worked his way back into a bit of favour as he's been on the bench this season and scoring for the reserves.

I thought he looked half tidy at left back and on his way no think he's a very exciting player but today was odd to say the least.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
r4h4al":3kwbd4ud said:
He was poor but he wasn't the worst today. I assume Reuben was injured. Don't think Grant would have come on and done any better.

Probably wouldn’t have given away the free kick that led to the loss.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
landons forehead":18emmh6o said:
A waste of a wage in league two, so why did Adams give him a two year contract in league one? Like Gary Miller last year, it beggars belief.
let's not forget lionel ainsworth.i think he has played less than three hours first team football!

May 8, 2011
Wylde played really well in mid week and scored two goals. Based on that and Lameiras’s poor performance today the substitution was understandable.

Jul 6, 2011
Steve Evans":362uo8wo said:
landons forehead":362uo8wo said:
A waste of a wage in league two, so why did Adams give him a two year contract in league one? Like Gary Miller last year, it beggars belief.
let's not forget lionel ainsworth.i think he has played less than three hours first team football!

That's not really Ainsworths fault, just lack of opportunities. I'd personally like to see him playing right wing, Carey behind Lapado and Lameiras on the left.
If only Mr Adams thought the same way as me... :)