Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon

Dec 3, 2005
Well I just counldn't believe what I was hearing on Radio Devon, driving home after the game.

He was asked about the reaction of the supporters after the game and said "well every club as its YOBS".

I was expecting something like - " The supporters pay their hard earned money and they are entitled to their opinion.

But no he calls 'some' of our supporters YOBS.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Are you saying we don’t have ‘some’ yobs?

If you think we don’t you aren’t going to our games mate.

Mar 23, 2008
To be fair we do, every club has BUT its not a diplomatic response is it? Pure arrogance and sums up the aura of invincibility and lack of accountability.

Jan 6, 2004
No I think djg is saying that fans expressing their views at the utter tripe being served up by Adams’ team are not yobs and it shows just how much Adams has lost the plot that that is how is is characterising them

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
It's interesting being confined in Cell Block 8 for quite a while after the game. You get to see the nuances as players and staff leave the field.

Adams was ignoring/fronting up the 'comments' and as he entered the undercover area seemed to single out one fan who was applauding and returned the favour in kind. Player wise, the best reception seemed to be reserved for Fox and Jephcott (doing apprentice duties carrying a bag) who walked off last. Then came the Burton crew who to a man applauded the crowd and got the same in return.

Dec 3, 2005
Daz":3hon9o5g said:

LOL I hate it when people I do not know call me MATE.

As it happens, I go to every home match, okay.

Yes every club as its YOBS - but for a manager to go on the radio and say it is not going to get the Supporters behind him - is it.

Feb 2, 2007
yob
/jɒb/Submit
nounINFORMAL•BRITISH
a rude, noisy, and aggressive youth

Poorly chosen word by DA- the rude, noisy and aggressive ones were not "youths"

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
djg145":2fwl1t8b said:
Daz":2fwl1t8b said:

LOL I hate it when people I do not know call me MATE.

As it happens, I go to every home match, okay.

Yes every club as its YOBS - but for a manager to go on the radio and say it is not going to get the Supporters behind him - is it.

Thanks mate. :thumbs:

May 16, 2016
I wasn't there but listened in, I cant imagine any of our support would be acting in a Yobbish way after yet another defeat !

The blokes got to go for the footballing reasons, not because he's said it as it is on this issue. Its bad at the moment but get a grip.

Apr 12, 2016
We have our yobs but in all honesty I think the stick DA has had has been relatively mild. It seemed to be a mixture of boos and applause today. No chants or any other nonsense

Sep 28, 2003
London
It does often seem we've got some proper idiots associated with the club, and I've no doubt some disgusting things were shouted at Adams when he was going down the tunnel.

Whether we're worse than any other club, who knows - probably not.

However, coming out and saying that kind of thing on the radio - that's difficult to spin well.

Mar 8, 2016
You can’t call fans yobs for booing another defeat at home. He’s finished, he won’t be here much longer.

C

Charles Plym

Sums up what an arrogant piece of work he is. And is only in a job due to the ineptness of a board that has zero respect for the paying punter. Adams is not looking after our club as he promised to when he arrived. Instead he is looking after himself.

Apr 16, 2008
Templecombe, Somerset
and the reason behind his thinking was that he is the 5th longest serving Argyle manager, so the fans should show him respect
deluded, arrogant and blames everyone but himself
managers come and go, the fans are there come what may. Many applauded the players, including the respect shown by the Burton players. The boos were solely reserved for Mr Adams
I think that shows discerning behaviour and sound judgement, certainly not the act of yobs