Comparing this season to last | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Comparing this season to last

Aug 5, 2005
After 14 games

2017/18 W1 D4 L9 F10 A23 P7
2018/19 W1 D4 L9 F11 A25 P7

However...

At this point last season, Argyle drew matches 13 (H Shrewsbury) and 14 (A Blackburn), and were about to pick up 10 points from the next 5 games. The recovery was just starting.

This season, we've lost the last two games

Aug 5, 2005
The Doctor":3nzl2iiy said:
It’s spooky how similar those stats are but I reckon they will start to diverge as we move forwards from here.

Yep. After 19 games we were 23rd with 17 points

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
The difference being last season there were glimpses of us being better. The injuries and red cards really affected us. This year, there is no sign off anything getting better. In fact this year, I actually think we are overachieving. I think we only deserve to have 3 points: Rovers, Barnsley, Wimbledon. we've been 2nd best in every other game and only gained more points due to other teams woeful finishing.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Quizmike":52sfq0nn said:
The Doctor":52sfq0nn said:
It’s spooky how similar those stats are but I reckon they will start to diverge as we move forwards from here.
Yep. After 19 games we were 23rd with 17 points
Can't see us doing as well as that this year.

Dec 23, 2005
As much as I want to believe that we will survive this season, I don't think lightening will strike twice in two seasons - The buffers are coming into view very quickly - Hope I'm wrong, but Division Two beckons......

Mar 27, 2008
Fareham HAMPSHIRE
Another question would be impact of the loss of Craig Brewster and his replacement with ex players in Wotts and Nanks . Today’s 3 goals from set pieces does point the finger at either the coaching or the players just not following instructions as they have no respect for the coaching staff and switch off . Hard to believe either conclusion but struggling to rationalise 3 set piece goals at home

Apr 30, 2011
Well I guess that will give DA another 4 games minimum. I honestly thought we were in a worse position this season than last but evidently not.

Apr 30, 2011
Cornishman":19nqraaz said:
As much as I want to believe that we will survive this season, I don't think lightening will strike twice in two seasons - The buffers are coming into view very quickly - Hope I'm wrong, but Division Two beckons......

Is that with DA remaining as manager or irrelevant of he leaves or not?

Ironically, if he stays and we get relegated I would be keen to keep him for next season.

Edit
I've just read my post and it sounds ridiculous. What I mean is, he has proven that he can build a new team from scratch to compete at the top end of L2. So if we did get relegated and he wasn't sacked before we have a chance to stay up, then who better could we appoint to get us out of L2.

May 16, 2016
Last Season we had injuries and ill discipline issues v hope based on the knowledge we were better than that. This Season there's some injuries.

B

Bonehead

Let’s face it . This season we are bottom because of a lack of quality players. Adams (in his wisdom) went for quantity, not quality, after the experience of last season, awful recruitment has put us in this position. NOTHING ELSE.

May 1, 2011
There will be no Toums or Vymer this season. Even at the darkest point last year there was the occasional green shoot, there are no green shoots this year.

Dec 23, 2005
Bristol Rich":32pbnal0 said:
There will be no Toums or Vymer this season. Even at the darkest point last year there was the occasional green shoot, there are no green shoots this year.

Amen - Here endeth the lesson!