Brent backs Adams | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brent backs Adams

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
"I think there is no better person in the football world to get us out of the predicament that we are currently in"

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Carl Barnard":1vbqewha said:
Cobi Budge":1vbqewha said:
"I think there is no better person in the football world to get us out of the predicament that we are currently in"

Quote from where?

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... ssion=true

EDIT: The thing that concerns me most in there isn't that he's backed Adams, is that the board haven't discussed our January budget yet? Given the situation and the need for reinforcement, that's a very pressing concern.

Jan 6, 2004
I don't think what he says is entirely unreasonable, although I don't agree with him, but it is hard to characterise "you're not fit to wear the shirt" as anything other than an attack on the players.

May 8, 2011
Almost word for word what he said last year, I thought the Herald had just pulled out the article from 2017.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Won't be entirety up to him after 1 November anyway so he probably feels safe to back Adams as much as he likes knowing it won't be his call to make in a fortnight.

I can hardly imagine Mr Brent handing a rollicking to Adams about results anyway, Adams probably has him convinced that the Wimbledon win should add a year or two more onto his contract

Dec 19, 2009
Cobi Budge":uiirzt1o said:
Otherwise read...... 'I'm not putting my hand in my pocket to sack Mr Adams after handing him a ridiculously long 5 year contract'

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
HC Green":oihpow7o said:
Almost word for word what he said last year, I thought the Herald had just pulled out the article from 2017.

While the Herald doing that wouldn't surprise anyone, there is a real point there. Were no lessons learnt from Summer 2017 or are these new mistakes in Summer 2018?

Either way, starting seasons with a poor run of results would really not be acceptable 3 seasons on the trot would it? Surely there is a need to review events and determine a plan to avoid a further repeat.

Feb 2, 2007
I disagree with "there is nothing we can do at this stage" on signings. Last season we signed Toums and there are players out of contract who could improve us. It's ridiculous if this is not being entertained as an option, even if its a desperate one

robbieB

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 6, 2011