Genuine Question (2nd half performance) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Genuine Question (2nd half performance)

Jan 6, 2004
Taking into account quality of opposition can anyone remember a worse Argyle performance from a first choice side than 2nd half yesterday? I genuinely can’t -and god knows I have seen enough poor performances in 30 years

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Green_Flash":tqs0u6ro said:
Taking into account quality of opposition can anyone remember a worse Argyle performance from a first choice side than 2nd half yesterday? I genuinely can’t -and god knows I have seen enough poor performances in 30 years
i never go to away matches these days and never will again.however,i have been to many away matches and vividly remember getting thrashed 4-0 at leicester.that was a very long,slow journey home. :facepalm: 'twas in the days of dave smith.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Many people on the various threads have said it's one of the worst performances they have seen, including me.

Despite an awful start we were not too bad in the first half and had a good spell leading up to half time which makes that awful second half performance difficult to understand. It was the same scenario for the Blackpool game.

During the second half yesterday I witnessed players pull out of challenges, I saw no fight, I saw no leader who would rally the players, I saw no anger or frustration from the players at the way the game was going - they were just accepting the defeat. They were not encouraging each other or taking responsibility.

The team just didn't have any fight or leaders.

I thought I would never see a worst performance from an Argyle player than Bradley Wright-Phillips' at Watford a few years ago but yesterday O'Keefe eclipsed that.

To while away the time we were guessing which steward in the stands Macey would hit from his goal kicks.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
PL2 3DQ":lsjl4x7s said:
Many people on the various threads have said it's one of the worst performances they have seen, including me.

Despite an awful start we were not too bad in the first half and had a good spell leading up to half time which makes that awful second half performance difficult to understand. It was the same scenario for the Blackpool game.

During the second half yesterday I witnessed players pull out of challenges, I saw no fight, I saw no leader who would rally the players, I saw no anger or frustration from the players at the way the game was going - they were just accepting the defeat. They were not encouraging each other or taking responsibility.

The team just didn't have any fight or leaders.
this sort of surrender normally leads to dismissal.i think derek will go tomorrow.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Oxford were very very poor yesterday, our performance 2nd half was in the top ten of bad ones I've ever seen and I've seen a few.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Some players were trying to encourage. Carey was livid at times. He laid into Moore during the 2nd half.
It was very strange. As for worst performances it was near the very top for me.
One of the worst in my memory was the 1-0 away defeat to Port Vale under Kemp. Yesterday reminded me of that.

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
Players on one year contracts will not show any desperation in the cause. Especially having seen the reward for just failing playoff position side just discarded. Also what happened to the side which gained promotion the year before.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
By Robinson?

'This lot have no bottle lads, just run at them'.

Jan 6, 2004
It was almost as if they were throwing the match - I am not accusing them of that but it was that bad - something is very wrong beyond just the poor form of key players and iffy tactics

Stourbridge was dire but a blood and snorter away game in the fa cup has caused many fancied teams to crumble, yesterday was uniquely gutless in my eyes

Jul 12, 2016
I am convinced that Adams is blinding the players with science. Instead of keeping it simple he is obsessed with analysing every aspect of the game and sticking rigidly to the theory of modern football .