Should admission prices be reduced? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Should admission prices be reduced?

Oct 5, 2013
I've a real concern that with the understandable disgruntlement among supporters (and apparently lots of season-ticket holders now not attending games), crowds may get lower and lower as the rest of the paying public also get more and unlikely to attend. £24 each is a lot of money to pay out, to watch what it must be admitted is very poor-quality football.
Should admission prices be slashed for a limited period, or even something like a "2 for 1" offer put on, to at least fill up the ground and generate atmosphere? (hopefully that might rub off on the players and pay dividends).
If so, what sort of amount could work?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Even when we've had special ticket offers in the past the attendances don't go up very much.

You've got the 7-8 thousand who are bound to show up every week, and then an extra few thousand who will show up for big games. I don't think ticket price has a lot to do with it to be honest.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Well, there won't be many more category C games for the club to hike the prices up for the way the season is going. Got ahead of themselves a bit there

Aug 5, 2005
philevs":7bd32w9f said:
I've a real concern that with the understandable disgruntlement among supporters (and apparently lots of season-ticket holders now not attending games), crowds may get lower and lower as the rest of the paying public also get more and unlikely to attend. £24 each is a lot of money to pay out, to watch what it must be admitted is very poor-quality football.
Should admission prices be slashed for a limited period, or even something like a "2 for 1" offer put on, to at least fill up the ground and generate atmosphere? (hopefully that might rub off on the players and pay dividends).

You want to attract more people to watch THIS and then never come back because of the utter trash they've just witnessed?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
People wouldn’t see a lower ticket price as fair compensation for having to watch dross. They’d just not watch dross and save their money.

May 8, 2011
philevs":l8x4wufo said:

I take it you don’t know about this

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2018/octobe ... ket-offer/

Oct 5, 2013
HC Green":1uvopeud said:
philevs":1uvopeud said:

Thanks, no I didn't, so that's good by the club.
However, it is for a Tuesday match, when the attendance obviously always needs a boost.
I was thinking more of a limited-period special offer for all matches, as a way of acknowledging the recent run of poor performances, and an inducement to previous "regulars" to keep on attending.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
philevs":3rozqjwk said:
17000 sitting in silence watching carp sounds the same as 8500 sitting in silence watching carp .The team gets the crowd up, not the other way around

Jan 6, 2004
I think you could make it free at the moment and we would still not fill up the reduced capacity ground - witness the number of season ticket holders not bothering to turn up

May 8, 2011
philevs":31wqt0kb said:
HC Green":31wqt0kb said:
philevs":31wqt0kb said:

Thanks, no I didn't, so that's good by the club.
However, it is for a Tuesday match, when the attendance obviously always needs a boost.
I was thinking more of a limited-period special offer for all matches, as a way of acknowledging the recent run of poor performances, and an inducement to previous "regulars" to keep on attending.

Don’t worry, Argyle will be getting the first sell out in a couple of weeks, which ironically is when it will be £24 a ticket and not the £19 for Gillingham.

Jul 12, 2016
Why punish the under 18's. Take them to watch the current performances and they will be scarred for life!

Sep 28, 2003
London
If Argyle are winning, people come.

When we aren't, they don't.

No amount of aggressive price moves will do anything about that.

Even if it's free, casuals would be confident of finding better ways to spend an afternoon than watching Adams' Argyle slump to a home defeat with no shots on target, as is often the case.

Apr 5, 2008
landons forehead":17rm7jw0 said:
You couldn't pay me enough to watch this garbage. Not used my season ticket for weeks.

more money than season then.

hope you offer it to someone else who would like to go but couldn’t afford it.

so team is struggling and lots of season ticket holders decide not to go,so much for supporting the team when the chips are down.

Can’t believe this!

maybe don’t bother buying a season ticket again ,if you only attend if the team is winning or playing amazing football. .Pathetic supporters who do that