Macey is our best option | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Macey is our best option

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Fed up with headline on the other thread.

Macey has his faults but, generally, he has performed well for us. He is, no doubt, gaining experience every game and some of his saves have been excellent.
His kicking does need to improve and, if a defender passes back to him it should, ideally, be on his right side as his left is not good.
His one to one blocking technique also needs improvement but he is a better option than Letheren and Mike Cooper needs a bit more time although, potentially, I think he will be a better keeper than Macey in a couple of years.

JannerinCardiff

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ
โ™ฃ๏ธ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Hear hear. Macey has on the whole played well for us and should be applauded not criticised.

Aug 4, 2011
There is no way Letehren should be considered as a first choice Lg1 goalkeeper. If Macey were to get injured / suspended (God forbid) I'd prefer Cooper

Dec 6, 2011
I really like him and think he was exposed a bit by our general defensive frailties at the start of the season. He is young so much like Button or Stockdale when we had them, will make mistakes but overall, also like them, he is a good keeper.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Can't believe this is even a debate to be honest. Was horribly exposed by a dreadful back four up until Grant's inclusion but has everything in his locker to go a long way. People fault his distribution but Larrieu's kicking used to be awful and he's gone down as an Argyle legend.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Very good young keeper, I think he'll go a long way in the game, further than Matthews in my opinion. I'm also surprised at the amount of criticism he's received, it's hardly been easy for him to play behind a constantly changing back four.

justanotherfan

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
๐ŸŒ Bomber Harris.
๐Ÿš‘ Steve Hooper
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Gets my vote.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Cobi Budge":i8rcfvj3 said:
Very good young keeper, I think he'll go a long way in the game, further than Matthews in my opinion. I'm also surprised at the amount of criticism he's received, it's hardly been easy for him to play behind a constantly changing back four.

He could be Number 1 for Arsenal one day.

Feb 15, 2005
Macey was in the L1 team of the week and so not only my vote but a journoโ€™s as well. Heโ€™s learning his trade and doing a damn fine job me thinks.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Macey was Heraldโ€™s Star Man last week but still the thread about dropping him continues.
Until Mike Cooper is deemed to be ready. or Harry Burgoyne returns fully fit to challenge him, Matt Macey is our best option.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
r4h4al":1sfusw56 said:
Cobi Budge":1sfusw56 said:

He could be Number 1 for Arsenal one day.

Not with his current distribution abilities considering the way Unai Emery wants to play.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
He's not playing brilliantly but who is?

He's still our best option, I think we'd be much worse off if we'd have been using Letheren based on his 'performance' against Swindon.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge":795d9rzg said:
He's not playing brilliantly but who is?

He's still our best option, I think we'd be much worse off if we'd have been using Letheren based on his 'performance' against Swindon.
letheren was awful against swindon but in his defence he hasn't played a match for ages.i would play cooper now,he is far more assured than matt in my opinion.

Oct 31, 2015
Our best option but not a patch on three of the keepers who played last season (McCormack, Mathews and Roos) in my opinion.

Maybe with a stronger 4 in front of him things will get better.