• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Paying off his contract

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Just a hypothetical.
What would be more detrimental to the club financially?
Paying Adams off or relegation to league 2 with the loss in revenue?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
up_the_line":hx15yc3m said:
What would be more detrimental to the club financially?
Paying Adams off or relegation to league 2 with the loss in revenue?

If I’m honest I don’t think either will happen.

The more concerning questions today are how we right the wrongs and how we remedy the need for quicker starts at the start of seasons.

He has major flaws and weaknesses that need addressing promptly. I just hope he’s getting pressure from above go make him act on this.

R

rdr123

The club can't bring themselves to spend more than £10 on a player. They are hardly going to pay Adam's to leave!

Oct 16, 2016
I’ll say this again

A club, an employer NEVER pays up a full contract. There is a figure and there is an agreement ‘compromise agreement’

It’s hilarious this continual debate about not being able to pay Adams off because of his long contract. When he goes he’ll be lucky to get a full years contract paid up

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":2a90qlg9 said:
I’ll say this again

A club, an employer NEVER pays up a full contract. There is a figure and there is an agreement ‘compromise agreement’

It’s hilarious this continual debate about not being able to pay Adams off because of his long contract. When he goes he’ll be lucky to get a full years contract paid up

Why would he leave and agree a compromise?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Yesterdays gate was 1300 approximately less than for Southend, £26000 less revenue, at our level bums on seats count.

R

rdr123

justanotherfan":3pv61xqx said:
Yesterdays gate was 1300 approximately less than for Southend, £26000 less revenue, at our level bums on seats count.

This will continue to drop like a stone. The club should have put money into players instead of the grandstand. What's the point of having all of this if we are in League 2 next season?

Apr 12, 2016
At the end of the day the grandstand needs doing. It was well overdue and we will benefit for years to come from the development

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Since I Was 33":3dysx0xq said:
At the end of the day the grandstand needs doing. It was well overdue and we will benefit for years to come from the development

This.

League position is temporary, the stadium and its facilities are permanent.

Plus attracting players is linked to the standard of facilities anyway. Upping sticks to come to Plymouth is a hard decision in the first place, imagine coming all the way to HP and seeing your new place of work is a crumbling and dilapidated hulk of concrete.

Aug 5, 2016
Derek Adams was always brought in to get success out of freebies and bargain bucket signings while the Grandstand took priority.

I don't see any other manager out there more qualified than DA to other sort this season out, or get us to the Championship on a restricted budget.

Apr 5, 2008
Restricted budgets won’t get you in the Championship anymore I’m afraid.Unless we get decent backing then expect constant hopping between league 1 and 2 for the foreseeable.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Well the additional income and attendances the grandstand provide, will make our budget a lot less restricted.

And also make us a lot more attractive to take over.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Biggs":1lqynvta said:
Well the additional income and attendances the grandstand provide, will make our budget a lot less restricted.

And also make us a lot more attractive to take over.

Yeah we'll be a really attractive proposition playing in league 2 again in front of 6,000 or less with a manager who will cost probably more than a million to get rid of

Oct 16, 2016
A lovely shiny stand and stadium

I bet Bolton and Sunderland fans are in agreement with those on here who constantly bang on about a bloody stadium week in week out, after all they have lovely big (empty) stadiums with lovely facilities . Z