Not letting Macey go forward... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Not letting Macey go forward...

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
30 seconds to go, Blackpool have 9 men, Macey wants to come forward for a corner, Adams tells him to stay where he is & also gets Riley back on the half way line. Baffling, overly defensive even when we're seconds from defeat

May 26, 2015
Cobi Budge":2wjvv0mc said:
30 seconds to go, Blackpool have 9 men, Macey wants to come forward for a corner, Adams tells him to stay where he is & also gets Riley back on the half way line. Baffling, overly defensive even when we're seconds from defeat
I agree, Baffling in the extreme, but Adams lost the plot long ago.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Not as baffling as never leaving someone up for their corners all through the game.
That frustrates the hell out of me as we are just drawing them back onto us if we clear the first ball.
Maybe in the last 5 mins when we are winning but for 90 mins and when we are behind it just does not make any sense IMHO

You may as well put your fastest/smallest player on the centre circle and the exit route is down one of the channels as opposed to giving it straight back to them to put a 2nd ball into our area.

Jul 12, 2016
This has been mentioned several times before but typically DA is too arrogant to do anything about it.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
samjones":4f19gh2s said:
Not as baffling as never leaving someone up for their corners all through the game.
That frustrates the hell out of me as we are just drawing them back onto us if we clear the first ball.
Maybe in the last 5 mins when we are winning but for 90 mins and when we are behind it just does not make any sense IMHO

You may as well put your fastest/smallest player on the centre circle and the exit route is down one of the channels as opposed to giving it straight back to them to put a 2nd ball into our area.

They did that for the last few minutes when we were pushing them and their guy took the pressure off a couple of times, easy game tbh!! :facepalm:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
oldage":29c8kd4e said:
This has been mentioned several times before but typically DA is too arrogant to do anything about it.

I thought it was stubbornness but becoming more and more aware it may well be arrogance.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Pogleswoody":r4h12opg said:
Tugboat":r4h12opg said:
oldage":r4h12opg said:

I thought it was stubbornness but becoming more and more aware it may well be arrogance.

Could it be incompetence? :think:

You’ll be told off in a minute Pogles :lol:

Nov 9, 2008
samjones":892zpoq6 said:

No problem with it during the game. Paul Sturrock always used to do it and explained it as corners being the scenario from which more goals were scored than any other. When questioned further, he explained that we hadn't conceded any from corners that year, so it worked for him.

However, not leaving Lameiras up from a corner late in the game is just inexcusable. They left a lad up there as others have said and it stopped us from pumping the ball back in. We have to be more adaptable.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
r4h4al":ywoko6pl said:
No point sending the keeper forward only to be done with a second goal that will do him the world of confidence.

Or contribute to an equaliser that would do the team a world of good?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
r4h4al":2acb46um said:
No point sending the keeper forward only to be done with a second goal that will do him the world of confidence.

Irrelevant at that stage of the game. 1 - 0 or 2 - 0 still equals NIL points unless your already considering Goal Difference for RELEGATION

Jul 6, 2009
Why take off Ladapo for Taylor? Ladapo looked our most dangerous player and Taylor is nowhere near fit. He could have taken Grant off instead, I had forgotten he was playing.