Brief Synopsis!!! (Blackpool)

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
1) Ness and Connor Grant left out through injury meant starts for O'Keefe and Joel Grant. Ruben took Grant's place on the bench and Wylde too into the 18. At least with Grant starting we assumed we would be back to 4-3-3. The formation didn't last long. Canavan off within minutes of the start and replaced by Wootton. Personally I'd have had Smith-Brown on and put Sawyer at centre back.

2) Twice in the first 10 Riley went missing from right back and led to early chances for Blackpool, the first was squandered and the second left Macey on the floor. Third attack down the right. Riley stood off. Easy cross, easy finish. Feeling of inevitability all over it. Blackpool had another couple of good chances in the first half but flying blocks (including one by Riley) prevented the goal being threatened.

3) Argyle had a few chances; Carey tamely hit a free-kick at the goalie, Ladapo hit a post with a back heel, and there was a big penalty appeal for hand ball turned down. Songo'o was probably man of the first-half with Grant not far behind. Carey had a better 45 and the three centre-backs weren't too bad even though Edwards missed a couple of headers. Sarcevic and O'Keefe tried hard but appeared to be out numbered. Can there be anyone apart from Adams who thinks Riley is a better option at right back to Moore?

4) I still don't get playing Ladapo as a lone front man. The ball doesn't stick and midfield get drawn out of position trying to tidy up. I want to see Taylor and Lameiras out there even though Joel Grant had a good half. I half expected to see Smith-Brown on at half-time with Sawyer and Wootton moving across. No changes.

5) Blackpool dominated the first 10 after half-time with Argyle looking laboured as well as the first half failings. Riley and Edwards over hit clearances and Carey and Grant couldn't get close enough to Ladapo for Argyle to look like scoring. Wihout 29 to go Adams made the changes. O'Keefe and Ladapo were replaced by Taylor and Lameiras.

6) Lameiras played in the hole behind Taylor with Grant and Carey providing the width. Suddenly there was movement. Some strange decisions by the referee relieved the pressure for Blackpool as they drifted towards Wycombe mode.

7) Riley was much improved in the second half. Argyle looked better with the arrival of Lameiras but there was still something missing. Sawyer and Carey combined well at times and Grant had an overall good game without actually looking that dangerous. For me Songo'o was man of the match. Carey is still not the player we know he can be.

8 ) Into injury time and 2 Blackpool players were shown red cards after a fight in their own penalty area. Argyle layer siege but couldn't find the final touch. Edwards headed into the goalies hands and shambles could not be converted.

9) Blackpool were poor and Argyle were worse. Little joined up play from front to back and when we did get it forward there was little penetration especially until Lameiras joined the fray. Admas doesn't know his strongest line up and the players aren't playing well. Something needs to happen to change it and soon.

Matt Macey - 6
Gary Sawyer - 7
Niall Canavan - 5
Ryan Edwards - 6
Joe Riley - 4
Yann Songo'o - 7
Antoni Sarcevic - 6
Stuart O'Keefe - 7
Joel Grant - 7
Graham Carey - 6
Freddie Ladapo - 6

Kyle Letheren - unused
Ashley Smith-Brown - unused
Scott Wootton - 5
David Fox - unused
Ruben Lameiras - 7
Gregg Wylde - unused
Ryan Taylor - 5

Feb 2, 2007
Next team

Macey

Moore
Sawyer
Wootton
Edwards

Songo’o
Sarcevic
Carey

Ladapo (left)
Lamerias (right)
Taylor

Or we will lose again

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pathetic.

We could have been there for another 3 days and would not have came close to even scoring.

If Adams goes tonight I wouldn’t give a poo for the first time.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Some people will probably call that an improvement but it wasn't, we're still conceding stupid goals & we still look ineffective in front of goal, poor.

C

Cult Of Personality

Finally booing of Adams tactics . one down and taking off the only guy who looks like scoring for and out of form taylor.... WHY CANT WE PLAY WITH 2 STRIKERS....really starting to get fed up of his management

Feb 2, 2007
He needs to tell the truth. He hates the club, he hates the city and he hates himself. No other explanation.

Mar 14, 2009
I will keep this short and sweet cos l think we are all abit fed up.....

Blackpool were terrible.....and yet Argyle were so much worse. Draw your own conclusions.

They even fought amongst themselves. Got two players sent off. And yet instead of use the 2 man advantage and get the ball up the pitch we lumped it with unerring no accuracy into the box.

I’ve hated Adams style for years. Now the results aren’t good l think people can see Adams style of football he gets his teams to play is truly negative and woeful.

However, with a 5 year deal and two new two year deals for the coaches we are stuck with him. Financially, we have put ourselves in a corner by allowing this and have no where to go.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
My observation today is no-one in that stadium believed we would score; Argyle fans, Blackpool’s fans and more worryingly Argyle players.

The second half was better, we were unlucky with injuries etc etc etc, but that was a chore attending today and not fun.

I do not think Adams is a bad manager, but he is in a garden full of rakes and as I have stated before I have had enough of him tonight. Too stubborn, too clicky with his players and too short of options when the chips are down. Him being unsackable is not helpful, half the fan base thinking he a messiah is not helpful and his summer recruitment strategy/ per-season approach is not helpful.

The Blackpool players fighting each other has cheered me a little.

Matt Macey - 6
Gary Sawyer - 7
Niall Canavan - n/a
Ryan Edwards - 4
Joe Riley - 3 (1 first half)
Yann Songo'o - 7
Antoni Sarcevic - 6
Stuart O'Keefe - 5
Joel Grant - 7
Graham Carey - 7
Freddie Ladapo - 6

Kyle Letheren - unused
Ashley Smith-Brown - unused
Scott Wootton - 5
David Fox - unused
Ruben Lameiras - 7
Gregg Wylde - unused
Ryan Taylor - 6

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Metal_Green_Mickey":34oikqbg said:
I will keep this short and sweet cos l think we are all abit fed up.....

Blackpool were terrible.....and yet Argyle were so much worse. Draw your own conclusions.

They even fought amongst themselves. Got two players sent off. And yet instead of use the 2 man advantage and get the ball up the pitch we lumped it with unerring no accuracy into the box.

I’ve hated Adams style for years. Now the results aren’t good l think people can see Adams style of football he gets his teams to play is truly negative and woeful.

However, with a 5 year deal and two new two year deals for the coaches we are stuck with him. Financially, we have put ourselves in a corner by allowing this and have no where to go.
It’s not 5 years thou. He’s into that now so probably 3 1/2 years left?

Mar 18, 2006
Too slow all over the pitch, opposition yards quicker ( and they were no world beaters ).
Defensively woeful, clueless going forward at times , tactics bizarre .
We looked what we are today, a very poor side. Some very poor individual performances , but collectively simply not good enough .

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
What did we crame in today?

4-1-4-1

4-4-2

4-2-3-1

4-3-3

3-5-2

4-2-4

Nov 9, 2008
No creativity, no pace, little ambition. We've got a very poor defense so need to play a more static style, but that doesn't stop us conceding. We need to accept our defensive frailties and start trying to score a few. We can't grind out 1-0 wins so let's try to win games 3-2 instead.

Lameiras made a difference with energy and someone who can move the ball quickly. The rest of the midfield take so long to play the ball that we lose chances to get forward quickly.

We need to play 4-2-3-1, with Taylor to bring the 3 into it, Lameiras to sit behind him and Carey/Ladapo/Grant to play wide. Let Ness/Song'o/Sarcevic be the more defensive two and give us something to play for.

We can and should be better.

Sep 13, 2003
Awful and embarrassing performance. Unless we get rid of Adams it's a trip to Gateshead or Wrexham next season.