Adam's Post Match Excuses | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Adam's Post Match Excuses

R

rdr123

Is anyone else getting fed up with these excuses Adam's keeps coming up with?
All he went on about post match yesterday was how we should have had a penalty and in his words it was "stone wall". So he basically blamed the ref for changing the momentum of the game and this is why we lost 3-0? I wasn't at the game so can't comment on if it was a penalty or not but the sky sports highlights never even showed it.
For once it would be nice if he could just hold his hands up and say that he got it wrong.
Adam's has done great things for the club and he is undoubtedly still an excellent manager who has got us into positions that others wouldn't have. It would just be nice if he lay off the excuses for once. As it's just a cringe to listen to and other teams are starting to think he's a bit of a joke with what you see on Twitter etc.

May 8, 2011
rdr123":1v9054nz said:
All he went on about post match yesterday was how we should have had a penalty and in his words it was "stone wall". So he basically blamed the ref for changing the momentum of the game and this is why we lost 3-0? I wasn't at the game so can't comment on if it was a penalty or not but the sky sports highlights never even showed it.
For once it would be nice if he could just hold his hands up and say that he got it wrong.
Adam's has done great things for the club and he is undoubtedly still an excellent manager who has got us into positions that others wouldn't have. It would just be nice if he lay off the excuses for once. As it's just a cringe to listen to and other teams are starting to think he's a bit of a joke with what you see on Twitter etc.

No, as the cliche goes, if Ladapo had scored or had a penalty awarded it would have been a different game, which is exactly what Adams said.

R

rdr123

HC Green":2hrira7j said:
rdr123":2hrira7j said:

No, as the cliche goes, if Ladapo had scored or had a penalty awarded it would have been a different game, which is exactly what Adams said.

But surely he can't keep dwelling on the what it's?

May 8, 2011
rdr123":1h9kwoj4 said:
HC Green":1h9kwoj4 said:
rdr123":1h9kwoj4 said:

But surely he can't keep dwelling on the what it's?

Dwelling? He was answering questions from the media.

Mar 23, 2008
Fine margins in football and easier to analyse them when you lose whereas you don't tend to worry when you win. Similarly, we don't care what he says when we win but when we lose it gets analysed.

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":13kv84lz said:
rdr123":13kv84lz said:

And if my Aunt had testicles ...
So do you really believe, as Adams appears to do, that we are bottom of the League because of referees decisions?

Jan 7, 2013
I don't think excuses are the issue individual errors are losing us these games which the manager and players have admitted.

Sep 6, 2006
I've never liked Adams as a personality. Comes across as arrogant as well as very dull. But that is not important if he wins football matches.
I am just amazed at all those on here saying he is a great manager. Much of the football is very negstive. He got us promoted from a division which we should never be in anyway at SECOND attempt. And had 3 good months last season. Much of our success is down to one player anyway. I think he has been a lucky manager now being found out. Time will tell. But to gI've him a 5 year contract was ridiculous.

Oct 31, 2015
Balham_Green":gsexto47 said:
I've never liked Adams as a personality. Comes across as arrogant as well as very dull. But that is not important if he wins football matches.
I am just amazed at all those on here saying he is a great manager. Much of the football is very negstiveasy. He got us promoted from a division which we should never be in anyway at SECOND attempt. And had 3 good months last season. Much of our success is down to one player anyway. I think he has been a lucky manager now being found out. Time will tell. But to gI've him a 5 year contract was ridiculous.

Blimey I agree with BG. OMG times are hard :)

Jan 6, 2004
There were no fine margins - Portsmouth were the better team by far and would have won whether we had got a penalty or not - if Adams genuinely believes what he says he is delusional, perhaps because of previous turn around, and that is worrying - hopefully his public bullshitting does not reflect hi real thoughts

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Its far easier to make excuses than address the root causes to all our issues. I expect there to be a lot more to come whether it be the ref, the colour of our shirts at night or the algae on the pitch.

Or how about the dog ate my tactics sheet, I don't think we have had that one yet.

If DA says what he must be thinking then he and the players are culpable for the mess and he is never going to admit that when its easier to blame the ref

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":3gukoj4x said:
I am just amazed at all those on here saying he is a great manager. Much of the football is very negstive. He got us promoted from a division which we should never be in anyway at SECOND attempt. And had 3 good months last season. Much of our success is down to one player anyway. I think he has been a lucky manager now being found out. Time will tell. But to gI've him a 5 year contract was ridiculous.

How many attempts did our other managers have at League Two promotion?

Adams was only one final match away from it glory in his first season in any case. He was using half of Sheridan's team.

His first stab at League One brought a higher placed finish than Paul Sturrock did in his first season.

So easy to criticise Adams rather than appreciate what he's delivered.

We compare ourselves to Luton and Pompey whilst forgetting we can't offer anything like what they do in wages. Luton paid £200,000 to get Jake Jervis in January as a bench option rather than sign him for free in the summer.

This squad is not League Two fodder, but they need their heads cracking together and brought back on the same page. Whatever the issue is with Carey, Taylor, Lameiras, their attitudes, I don't know, but we need them back on the pitch delivering ASAP because it's not going to happen without them.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
The team will be told the honest truth rather than the "we was robbed" rhetoric he gives the press.

I would hope the team are getting the rollocking they need to get themselves into gear, rather than making them feel hard done by the ref.

Forget what he tells the media, just be concerned what he's telling the team.

Oct 31, 2015
But wouldnt the team have got the same rollicking last Saturday evening, last wed evening after giving up a lead with 10 to go and after the second half against Wycombe?