Macey - positioning issue? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey - positioning issue?

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
I am only going by highlights here (and the Bristol City game I attended) but it appears his positioning and being caught in no man's land have cost us a few goals this season. Granted the chances are being created due to defensive errors but I see a trend emerging that he doesn't have a presence in the box and his inexperience is showing. Could be a long season if he doesn't pick this up sharpish

Just my thoughts not making him a scapegoat but it's quite a big factor in our goals conceded column

Sep 6, 2006
Gloucester Green":3qjk9tfz said:
I am only going by highlights here (and the Bristol City game I attended) but it appears his positioning and being caught in no man's land have cost us a few goals this season. Granted the chances are being created due to defensive errors but I see a trend emerging that he doesn't have a presence in the box and his inexperience is showing. Could be a long season if he doesn't pick this up sharpish

Just my thoughts not making him a scapegoat but it's quite a big factor in our goals conceded column

That would be the Bristol z city game where he kept a clean sheet? He's a young lad learning his game. That's why he's here. But he is a long way from being our biggest problem. Which goals would you blame him for?

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Please don't judge him on one game and a few minutes highlights. It would help if he had a defence that he could rely on.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
I'm not blaming him on one performance but when you watch the highlights from all goals conceded this season he has a habit of coming towards the ball but not committing to making a challenge and does appear to be lacking control of his area.

The Bristol game yes he had a clean sheet and made a few good saves but one swallow doesn't make a summer

Can we carry an inexperienced keeper with out experienced but totally abysmal defence?

Sep 6, 2006
Gloucester Green":1unyc42v said:
I'm not blaming him on one performance but when you watch the highlights from all goals conceded this season he has a habit of coming towards the ball but not committing to making a challenge and does appear to be lacking control of his area.

The Bristol game yes he had a clean sheet and made a few good saves but one swallow doesn't make a summer

Can we carry an inexperienced keeper with out experienced but totally abysmal defence?

But the Bristol game was the one game you went to. ...! And you are judging him on thst. Makes no sense.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
No I have judged him on that game and the highlights that's abundantly clear from my original post

Get a highlight reel of the goals conceded and you will see the errors

Sep 6, 2006
Gloucester Green":3gqgd0xn said:
No I have judged him on that game and the highlights that's abundantly clear from my original post

Get a highlight reel of the goals conceded and you will see the errors

As another poster said you can't judge from the highlights. So which goals then?

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
A goalkeeper is a player you can assess on highlights as they are involved in every goal

Wycombe he's on his tip toes deciding should he stay or should he go... Result a goal as he is too slow getting down

Peterboroughs 3rd comes out towards ball hesitates then gets beat and their 5th again comes out towards ball and instead of making the decision to dive on it he throws a leg as its going past him

Pompey 1st comes out way too far and leaves the ball across the goal into an empty net a nailed on goal. Their second he falls over as it goes to back post for the header

Not to mention the goals from obscure angles in the two P games

These are the highlights I've watched today

Sep 6, 2006
Gloucester Green":rxnsby6p said:
A goalkeeper is a player you can assess on highlights as they are involved in every goal

Wycombe he's on his tip toes deciding should he stay or should he go... Result a goal as he is too slow getting down

Peterboroughs 3rd comes out towards ball hesitates then gets beat and their 5th again comes out towards ball and instead of making the decision to dive on it he throws a leg as its going past him

Pompey 1st comes out way too far and leaves the ball across the goal into an empty net a nailed on goal. Their second he falls over as it goes to back post for the header

Not to mention the goals from obscure angles in the two P games

These are the highlights I've watched today

I'd say that's nonsense. A keeper can't stop everything and it's all very well sitting here with hindsight when you know which way the ball is going. Also your original point was more about not dominating his area which may be more valid.

Jan 27, 2012
He's not as good as Matthews- I think that's evident from what I have seen so far. But nor is he being helped much by our defenders, which look like the worst bunch of recent years. I respect Adams, but I think he's really cocked up his recruitment of centre backs this summer. They are going to have to improve very quickly or otherwise it's going to be a long wait until the January transfer window.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Balham_Green":16i18hbc said:
He's a young lad learning his game. That's why he's here.
He's not that young. He's 24 next week. You could say that is young for a keeper, and that keepers often hit their peak around 30, but I'd say that's an outdated comment that doesn't ring true anymore. Most goalkeepers these days seem to hit their peak in their mid 20's.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":3mng90fa said:
Gloucester Green":3mng90fa said:

That would be the Bristol z city game where he kept a clean sheet? He's a young lad learning his game. That's why he's here. But he is a long way from being our biggest problem. Which goals would you blame him for?
our great club is no place for a learner from another club.letheren should be in goal with cooper on the bench.